Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate Seats showroom

Yesterday, My wife and I stopped by the Ultimate Seat showroom in Ormond Beach , Florida ( Driving down from Wisconsin)to check out their seat collection. We wanted to sit on a actual seat to find out what’s it all about.
    No seats were available to try.....they only had two color themed variations available for the F3L and they would / didn’t have a demo to sit on. Plus the sales lady was snotty......We were left thinking our money would be better spent somewhere else. Just say’n.
    Their factory is in Canada which was closed for 6 weeks and they are in catch up stage now. But,heck....why have a showroom if ya can’t sit on them.
    Venting..............
    I have an Ultimate Seat on my Goldwing and love it.........
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

I'm shocked at the response you received. I have been there a few times myself. They have always been great. I forget the guy's name, but he was very friendly, and helpful. If you're still around. Maybe try again. His dad (Don) owns F4 Customs. Great people also. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I'm with Tango Tom on this one. Totally surprised at the type of reception you felt you received at Ultimate. The two guys who own and operate Ultimate are top notch at great customer relations and service; you usually can't find better. They do whatever to help satisfy. Perhaps ask around on this Forum if anyone in the area has an F3L or T with an Ultimate seat you could park your butt on for a few minutes to get a 'test feel'. That alone isn't going to give you all that much of an answer though, as you really need saddle time on the road to properly assess. I had an Ultimate seat on my F3L for two years; great product, but found I needed to have a custom build because of increasing hip/sciatica problems. No issues with Ultimate, but needed a personally-fitted design change. Go easy on the venting. The Covid-19 pandemic has disrupted supply chains around the World; many factories have had production interruptions and sourcing issues. The Ultimate factory in Canada (north Toronto) is in an area of high Covid-19 infection; not surprised that they may have been forced to close briefly. That may well have led to stock depletion at Ormond Beach; after all, their seats are popular. I can't speak for the sales person, but maybe she's feeling the frustration, too. If you're in the Tampa/St. Pete area while in FL, there's a very good custom seat builder there: goes by name of "A Stitch on Time" or "A Sweet Seat". You can find him on the Internet. Not cheap, but he does quality work, and keeps adjusting until your butt is smiling happily ever after.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have heard a lot of good about the work of Seth Laam.

With the end of the riding season coming up for most of the country, turnaround time shouldn't be too bad. Prices are reasonable (in my opinion), can't hurt to check.

It's quite a ride to visit them, though, they're out on the Left Coast.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

I paid $550 for front and rear custom made. Plus shipping both ways. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I've had Ultimate Seats on 3 of my bikes, and loved them. I must say, I'm very disappointed in my recently purchased Ultimate seat for my F3T. It seems like my butt is sitting directly on the pan. I've given it time to "break-in" which took my past the 14 day return policy. It's like there is no padding at all! I will be contacting them, to see what, if anything, can be done. I'd hate to think their quality has declined. And...I'm sick of "Covid excuses"! When I spend that much money, I want the expected value for it. I will say, in the past they have always treated me well. We'll see how it goes.

Also, I didn't know that his father owns F4 windscreens. He's great!

-Carsong
    2018 F3t
    2018 F3T , Position 5/ full size Matt Black

Spyder Garage

I find the response of the sales lady rude, maybe she had a hard time but as what they say you need to be professional at work. I am sure that you can still find a shop that sells quality seats.

Spyder Garage

What Tango said. I've never had anything but awesome interactions with them.
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

2018 F3 Limited Dark , Stock Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KenInMN View Post
    What Tango said. I've never had anything but awesome interactions with them.
    People are always nice when they take your money.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Had an Ultimate Seat on my 2014 Harley Ultra, and put two-tone black/white alligator leather on my 2019 F3 ltd. Excellent seats, you can tell it's a Mom and Pop company... every time I have called woman answering the phone has been very nice and connected me to the owner of the company to ask questions. FWIW... I called last month about possibility of adding heat to my seat... seems that was added as an option six months after I ordered/installed mine. Was advised it is not possible/recommended to add to my seat. If you order one, remember to order with the heat installed if you live north of the Mason/Dixon line!

Spyder Garage

What happened to the chrome fuel door option? You can no longer get it?
    I hope Ultimate isn't falling into questionable quality and option issues which customers really expect for this seat package price range.
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

The gal was probably just having a bad day and taking it out on you, not a good thing to do in that line of work, but it happens!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Here's an informal survey. We have a Honda dealer in town. I have never had a problem with them. First name basis with the owner and staff. I have a friend who is about the same. Good guy. Luvs them. I have another friend who is for the most part an arrogant jerk. He hates them. Ummm... see what I'm getting at?
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    Yesterday, My wife and I stopped by the Ultimate Seat showroom in Ormond Beach , Florida ( Driving down from Wisconsin)to check out their seat collection. We wanted to sit on a actual seat to find out what’s it all about.
    No seats were available to try.....they only had two color themed variations available for the F3L and they would / didn’t have a demo to sit on. Plus the sales lady was snotty......We were left thinking our money would be better spent somewhere else. Just say’n.
    Their factory is in Canada which was closed for 6 weeks and they are in catch up stage now. But,heck....why have a showroom if ya can’t sit on them.
    Venting..............
    By the way.....I have a Ultimate Seat on my Goldwing......
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Hi everyone - thanks for the comments, and sorry I'm late to reply to this.
    Chris - I sincerely apologize for the way it seams you may have been treated when you stopped by. It is absolutely not characteristic of our company to have customers have that experience. Also, yes - we were almost completely out of inventory at the time. Hopefully you were able to sit on one of the other display stands that we have in our showroom to get an idea on how we engineer our seats. Anyway - again - it certainly wasn't our intent for a bad experience. If you need anything in the future, please contact me directly - dave@ultimateseats.com

Best regards,
    Dave Frank
    V.P. of Operations
    Ultimate Sea
    www.ultimateseats.com
    877-672-0288
    348 Destination Daytona Lane
    Ormond Beach, FL 32174

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MeudtPG View Post
    What happened to the chrome fuel door option? You can no longer get it?
    I hope Ultimate isn't falling into questionable quality and option issues which customers really expect for this seat package price range.

Sourcing has become very difficult (non existent) for the chrome doors - so we are limited to only black at this time.
    www.ultimateseats.com
    877-672-0288
    348 Destination Daytona Lane
    Ormond Beach, FL 32174

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Seats View Post
    Hi everyone - thanks for the comments, and sorry I'm late to reply to this.
    Chris - I sincerely apologize for the way it seams you may have been treated when you stopped by. It is absolutely not characteristic of our company to have customers have that experience. Also, yes - we were almost completely out of inventory at the time. Hopefully you were able to sit on one of the other display stands that we have in our showroom to get an idea on how we engineer our seats. Anyway - again - it certainly wasn't our intent for a bad experience. If you need anything in the future, please contact me directly - dave@ultimateseats.com

Best regards,
    Dave Frank
    V.P. of Operations
    Ultimate Sea
    Thank you for your reply. Glad to see and hear the "rest of the story".

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    Venting..............
    I have an Ultimate Seat on my Goldwing and love it.........
    I’ll be returning to visit the showroom in March 2021.....hopefully with a better experience and a seat.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue