Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default All in one rear light options and can you unstrobe a strobe brake light?

I wanted to install spyderpops BRT(brake, running, turn) led lights but I can not get it without the strobing brake lights. Is there another option from different vendors? Spyderpop says it’s embedded in the lights and can’t em without it.
    Just not a fan of strobing brake lights.
    Thank you in advance.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

FWIW, last Saturday on way home from a ride I was approached by a gent in a WallyWorld parking lot who said he specifically wanted to tell me how neat he thought my adjustable Custom Dynamics brake strobe light (no longer produced) was. I've received comments from Spyder owners but his was the first from a cager.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I to think you should rethink that light over!!!! I think it is a very good thing, gets your eye from behind!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I have a flashing trunk light and when I am at a stoplight, I keep an eye on my mirrors and as a car is approaching from behind me, I apply the brake again to resume the flashing. But mine flashes fast three times slow three times and then goes on steady.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    Curious. Why do you say that? You're not one looking at it! I've gotten a few comments about how noticeable it is when I'm braking and my brake lights are strobing.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have been behind bikes with strobe brake lights and found them to be too distracting.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wanted to install spyderpops BRT(brake, running, turn) led lights but I can not get it without the strobing brake lights. Is there another option from different vendors? Spyderpop says it’s embedded in the lights and can’t em without it.
    Thank you in advance.
    If that is the ShowChrome version, Value Accessories has the same thing without the strobe for $145.

I just installed the unit we got last month in Maggie Valley. It's not wired yet, but it's mounted.
    Have some more lights to add, then will take the rear end apart just ONCE and do them all.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

I have been behind bikes with strobe brake lights and found them to be too distracting.
    Isn't that the point? I personally know 3 riders who have been rear ended at stops. I consider a flashing tail light cheap life insurance.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Isn't that the point?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

I particularly favor flashing brake lights when I am riding amongst bikers whom I don't know and do not ride with frequently.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Do you realize the ones from Spyderpops only strobe a few seconds and then go solid? They do not strobe continuously so as not to be distracting once you notice them.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

^^^^^^^^^Now that would be a decent solution IMO.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Whenever I've been behind a bike with flashing lights, I always found them distracting.
    I had the custom dynamics High Mount Brake Light installed on my 2014 Spyder.
    The only problem I ever had was the light interfered when I installed the ShowChrome luggage rack.
    I needed to add the spacers to clear the light.
    Here's a link.

https://www.denniskirk.com/custom-dy...0aAvppEALw_wcB
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    The only problem I ever had was the light interfered when I installed the ShowChrome luggage rack.
    That's why I used the Rivco luggage rack. You can see the light under the rack.

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I figure if I’m bothered by them there would be plenty others that are also bothered by them so...

Spyder Garage

This is what I put on my trunk light. 3 fast flashes, 3 longer flashed, then on steady. I strongly advise not using the Scotch Locks it comes with.

https://www.banggood.com/20W-LED-Bra...r_warehouse=CN

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Anyone know how spyderpops unit flashes?
    Three times then solid or more flashes?

Spyder Garage

Anyone know how spyderpops unit flashes?
    Three times then solid or more flashes?
    This is on his product page. https://spyderpops.com/rt-high-mount...ecial-harness/
    WE THEN ADDED A STROBE MODULE TO MAKE THE BRAKE LIGHT STROBE 3 TIMES FAST, 3 TIMES SLOW AND HOLD.
    You can get this unit from Big Bike Parts and elsewhere without the strobe module. The module is a Spyderpops add-on.

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I had the custom dynamics High Mount Brake Light installed on my 2014 Spyder.
    Here's a link.

https://www.denniskirk.com/custom-dy...0aAvppEALw_wcB
    I know that Custom Dynamics makes some good products (I have a few),
    but they are evidently REALLY proud of that one.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

A woman at Custom Dynamics told me they discontinued the plug and play adjustable brake light flashing system because RT owners preferred the high mount third brake light when I was trying to source the former for a friend.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    I know that Custom Dynamics makes some good products (I have a few),
    but they are evidently REALLY proud of that one.
    It's "only" $30 more than the Show Chrome one!!!! If you buy the Show Chrome one from Spyderpops you get the strobe module free!!! If you really want to conserve your wallet paper get some TruFlex LED strips from Custom Dynamics. You're on your own for connecting into the bike harness but if you're handy that's not a big deal. CD has a wide variety of colors and sizes. That's what I had on my trunk until the boys at Pit Bull Motorsports goofed and ripped them off thinking my bike was the one that was supposed to have a CD High Mount light mounted on it. They were very considerate and since they had cut the power leads completely off LED strips as they pulled them off so couldn't put them back, they replaced it gratis with a CD HM unit!

2014 Copper RTS

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use - SELL & install strobe type tail and stop lights.
    Don't leave home with out them
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO.jpg

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    A woman at Custom Dynamics told me they discontinued the plug and play adjustable brake light flashing system because RT owners preferred the high mount third brake light when I was trying to source the former for a friend.
    Give me a call... I have them in stock they still have them under a different name and part number
    209-887-3283
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you have all in one rear lights for RS without the strobe brake lights?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    This is what I put on my trunk light. 3 fast flashes, 3 longer flashed, then on steady. I strongly advise not using the Scotch Locks it comes with.

https://www.banggood.com/20W-LED-Bra...r_warehouse=CN
    Interesting and affordable, a difficult install on my 2020 RTL?