Spyder Garage

Default Storing Top Case - 2020 RT Limited

Anyone come up with a great idea for storing the top (LINQ) case for the new 2020 RT Limited? First off - not as easy to remove as they market it to be. The dial you have to turn does not have much to grip on (maybe it's just my old hands) - and then for someone of my tiny fidget statute - that case is bulky and really hard to maneuver. With that being said, I only put it on when I need it; and I am really surprised that BRP did not take the opportunity to market something to protect it (like those nifty little helmet bags we get and never use). It lives on the carpeted floor of my bedroom closet when not in use - but, I would like to know if anyone came up with a nifty garage storage idea?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Harley (or Harleys aftermarket) has some racks/mounts that bolt on to a wall for their beer boxes with the Quick Release systems installed. The Harley beer box/QR mounts similarly to the new RTL trunk except for the Can Am twist lock. I'd think you could make your own pretty easily out of wood and/or metal. You'd need a dowel to fit the U shaped "hooks" on then find a way to replicate the female (body) end of the twist lock. I can picture it but I don't have the skills to make it. Could be Lamont has something in the works. (No. I don't have any insider info but he's pretty innovative and there might be a demand for it.)

The trunk (for various reasons) is why I bought a base model instead of a Limited. I don't really care for the looks of a (any) trunk, for one. I would have left it off 99% of the time negating the extra $2049 cost. I never have a passenger so I don't need the passenger backrest, I BT my tunes to my lid so I don't need the extra speakers and I don't use heated seats. The only "extras" I would have liked on a Limited would have been the signature lights (which can be added for under $200) and the auto suspension although the manual suspension on my base model works fine and doesn't leak.

I digress. The trunk would have been a high priced piece of liviing room furniture for me. I can buy a lot of aftermarket parts for that $2049.

Spyder Garage

I have a storage room in my garage. My top box sits on a shelf all by itself.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Took 2 large bath towels and sewed together. Case slips right in and store on top of 622 trailer. I also spray a little soapy water on the hinge area when taking off or putting back on. Makes it a lot easier.
    Original: 2013 RT-Limited Pearl White (Bought New 07/2013 Traded @ 34,000 Miles)
    Current: 2017 F3-Limited Pure Magnesium Metallic (Bought New 07/2018)
    Current: 2020 RT-Limited Petrol Metallic Blue