Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Lots of things effect that. Load weight, spring rates to name two. We adjust to 3/4 to 1 1/4 toe in measured at 120" between targets. Which end of that range we shoot for depends on load and spring rate.
    So that would be -.5°±.12°. BMW specifies that wheel alignment be done with the driver in his seat and 200# sandbag in the passenger seat, much like your "load and spring rate" adjustment range. I like it!
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

Lots of things effect that. Load weight, spring rates to name two. We adjust to 3/4 to 1 1/4 toe in measured at 120" between targets. Which end of that range we shoot for depends on load and spring rate.
    wouldn't 3/4 inch of toe-in cause front tires to scuff outside edges pretty badly?? ..... and 1 1/4 inch toe-in would seem to slow you down and really scuff the tires.(??)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redrazor View Post
    wouldn't 3/4 inch of toe-in cause front tires to scuff outside edges pretty badly?? ..... and 1 1/4 inch toe-in would seem to slow you down and really scuff the tires.(??)
    Yep, I agree. That's seriously wrong.

Using the wheel rim as the datum (not the tyre) 2.5 - 3mm toe in is a good starting point. That's less than 1/8" for you USofA folks.
    Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    Rule#1: Refer to rule #2.

Spyder Garage

Perfect! Thanks for digging.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRosePetal View Post
    Yep, I agree. That's seriously wrong.

Using the wheel rim as the datum (not the tyre) 2.5 - 3mm toe in is a good starting point. That's less than 1/8" for you USofA folks.
    Divide those numbers by ten is how you arrive at the actual toe in. The laser targets are spaced out ten foot apart to give accuracy.
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Note that JC said 120" between targets. That would the toe-in over 120" which most likely is the targets spaced 60" in front and 60" behind the wheel center. That's about 0.6° for 1.25" toe-in.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

deleted

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

You did not read what I wrote. Toe in is set at 3/4 to 1 1/4 toe in MEASURED OVER A 120" TARGET DISTANCE.
    That's not my quote but yep, I just clocked that, I obviously had my squint thinking cap on, apologies to you, JC.
    Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    Rule#1: Refer to rule #2.