Thread: 16" Wheels

Spyder Garage

Default 16" Wheels

Saw a ad for some 16" wheels on one of Spyder accessories web pages and was thinking they would look really look good on my 2020 RTL.
    My question to you guys is, anyone running 16" rims (front) and how well do you like them?
    Thanks in advance, Dale.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Search the forum for "PPA" as they're the ones who sell the "upgraded" wheels. I have stock wheels on my 2021 RT (base) so I don't have a 1st hand experience with the PPAs or any 16"ers. Bear in mind that if comfort is what you're after, ANY larger wheels means you'll have less sidewall meaning your ride COMFORT will degrade although by how much, I don't know. Handling should improve, though. All depends what you're after.

Spyder Garage

I have PPA 15" wheels after debating between them and the 16". I decided didn't want to spend extra $$ on tires. PPA recommends a 16" tire size with a 50mm side profile. Yup, it'll lower the wheel to the ground a touch, but the 16" rim size keeps the nanny in check. The 15" PPA is a 5.5" wide wheel, versus the OEM 5". That will help in reducing sidewall flex with 15" tire, which will also help in improving handling. Good luck in your decision ...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    The 15" PPA is a 5.5" wide wheel, versus the OEM 5".
    I wasn't aware of that. Can you use "stock" sized tires? (If I get PPAs, it will be when I swap out the Kendas for car tires. I understand the car tire sizes aren't exactly the same as the Kendas.)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I wasn't aware of that. Can you use "stock" sized tires? (If I get PPAs, it will be when I swap out the Kendas for car tires. I understand the car tire sizes aren't exactly the same as the Kendas.)
    Yes .. Stock tires will be fine. My Vredestein's are 165/60R15, so same width.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue