Spyder Garage

Default Does anyone actually know the difference between Stock F3 bars, short reach, and long

My question is, looking on Can am site at the F3 handlebars you really cant tell the difference between Short reach, Long reach or stock handlebars. On a motorcycle you know you had 9 in, 12in, 14in, ect, rise handlebars. I was able to modify my bars with a drimel (extended the location pin slot) and a drill to roll the bars toward the dash and to reposition the handlebars controls (drilled new location pin holes) but was still wondering what is the difference between the Can Am handlebars beside them saying what position the handle bars are. This is just out of curiosity. I mean you can tell the difference between the drag bars from the Attitude bars but the other bars..... whats the difference in the rise or are they all about the same rise but they just move the handlebar location pin slot further around on the handlebar to allow the bar to roll towards the dash or the seat?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is just a guess (I've had 4 different bars on my 2021 RT which uses the same bars as the F3) but I'd say there are about 2" of difference between the stock F3T/L, the long reach (which is actually the shortest bar) and the short reach (which is the longest bar). To further complicate things, the stock 2020+ bar is (I think) the same as the F3 long reach bar. The Attitude bar is (I'd guess) about a 1/2"-1" longer than the stock RT/long reach F3 bar but the big difference is the grip angle (which rocks). Never tried the drag bars but that one is fairly obvious. We used to call them broomstick bars when I was on 2 wheels.

So, from the grips farthest from you to the grips closest to you: drag bars, long reach F3/stock RT (+2), Attitude (+3?), stock F3 (+4), short reach (+6). Again, my dimensions are approximate but probably pretty close.

Confused, yet? Try figuring out what model SIG P320 you have if you're into that sort of thing.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I currently have the long reach bars on my F3S. The locking pin hole on those bars doesn't allow any additional movement. As stated above, they have approx 2" less rise and about 2" longer reach than the stock F3 bars. Kinda chewed up the surface of my long reach bars when trying adjustable risers I had them re-coated
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Short reach bars are the LONGEST

Long reach bars are the SHORTEST

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Short reach bars are the LONGEST

Long reach bars are the SHORTEST
    I have wondered whether it was the bars that had the reach or the rider.

If I understand you correctly, the "short reach" bars are longer, so YOU have a shorter reach?

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post

If I understand you correctly, the "short reach" bars are longer, so YOU have a shorter reach?

Correct ..
    Long reach = longer reach to the bars/further away from rider. For taller/longer armed riders
    Short reach = shorter reach to the bars/closer to rider. For shorter riders/shorter arms

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post

Yes. I had my new F3L set up with "short reach" bars and brake position #2. The OEM bar was way shorter and was in my trunk when delivery was made. It is the driver who has the long or short reach and the bars counteract that by seeming backwards in the description.

You gotta love BRP. Another "huh?" situation.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies and images Troop, I do have one question, anyone got a image with the difference between the Long reach and Attitude bars? From the link MRH (Thank You) left shows some difference between the bars except it looks like the Attitude bars are actually lower than the drag bars (as the drag bars looks like it is on spacers) So my question now is does anyone have a image of comparison between Long Reach bars and Attitude bars? I know looking at the BRP site the Attitude bars look like they may be similar to Beach bars that were on Motorcycles where your wrist are kind of turned in somewhat more than stock bars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got my Attitude bars boxed up, ready to ship, but I'd say the inner ends of the grips are probably .5-1" higher than the long reach bars. They're not any wider. The big difference is the grip angle. The grips are canted in and down slightly. You're hands won't be any/much closer to you but the grip angle is much better. I'll attach a couple pics of the Attitude bars on a 2021 RT.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I've got my Attitude bars boxed up, ready to ship, but I'd say the inner ends of the grips are probably .5-1" higher than the long reach bars. They're not any wider. The big difference is the grip angle. The grips are canted in and down slightly. You're hands won't be any/much closer to you but the grip angle is much better. I'll attach a couple pics of the Attitude bars on a 2021 RT.
    Best pictures I've seen of the Attitude bars installed. I just might like those

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Great pictures. Thank you. I ordered a set of long reach which should be here Wednesday. I modified my stock bars to give me the reach I wanted but in doing so I killed what little view I had out the mirrors. So hopefully the long reach will give me back that rear view I'm used to but still maintain my arm reach.