Spyder Garage

Default Error check engine with reverse & neutral lights flashing - 2013RT-SM5

2013 RT-SM5 when turned on
    Error check engine with reverse & neutral lights flashing back and forth.
    it shifts good, and when on way it goes away, but comes back when on idle at traffic light.

Note: have to keep toping off clutch reservoir every couple hundred miles, probably a leaking seal at slave.

Any ideas ? would be welcomed,

Spyder Garage

Clutch Problems

This is information I have gathered from past posts on the clutch problem.
    Clutch fluid is drawn into the engine past the worn O rings.
    I bought and stored a set of 'O' Rings as my SM5 system responded well to flushing and adding fluid.

Past post notes:

Clutch Slave Cylinder Rebuild

Section #5 Diaphragm Cover of the OEM parts listing
    O rings – 10, 11, 13

p/n 420431441
    p/n 420431301
    p/n 420631892

Look up 2013 -5 service bulletin in the forum
    I'm guessing that your slave cylinder is failing. This is a recurring problem that is being investigated. You will have to replace the slave piston & O-rings, and the slave bushing (cylinder) and O-rings. Cost of parts is about $80 if it is out of warranty. You will recognize the problem by discolored clutch fluid, due the the aluminum that is sluffed off the slave cylinder as it wears, and the deterioration of the O-rings. Be sure to thoroughly flush the clutch system when you do the work. If the clutch fluid is clear, the first place I would look is warped clutch plates, as Lamont said. There is a newly revised clutch pack available, with steel plates and 5 plates/discs. Be sure they order the one for the SM...the SE clutch kit is different.

See post #17 for clutch slave cylinder rebuild
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ghlight=clutch
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

I have the same clutch fluid leaking issue with my 13 RTSM5. I had the dealer flush the system thinking that would cure any small connection leaks in the process, however, it still leaks. It’s very little at a time, but Periodically fluid has to be added. Any ideas on how to track down the source/spot of the leak?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka View Post
    I have the same clutch fluid leaking issue with my 13 RTSM5. I had the dealer flush the system thinking that would cure any small connection leaks in the process, however, it still leaks. It’s very little at a time, but Periodically fluid has to be added. Any ideas on how to track down the source/spot of the leak?
    Slave cylinder leaking as Haze discusses in post #2. Seals or O-rings are leaking and time for a rebuild. Not an uncommon issue with hydraulic clutch systems.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Your gps could be a causing your flashing lights. Mine did that before i finally got the flashing E indication on the dash. I have had to add fluid to the reservoir every season since new. I have 80,000 miles on my Spyder. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles