Spyder Garage

Default Baker air wings?

Anyone here install a set of these airwings on a 20 Spyder F3 L or other model?
    Not sure about drilling into the bottom of the mirror for mounting. Would like to hear from someone who has done this install.
    Thanks
    Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vario View Post
    Not sure about drilling into the bottom of the mirror for mounting. Would like to hear from someone who has done this install.
    Thanks
    Joe
    Yes, I did install them on my 2019 F3L two months ago. I feel they’re worth the install, and as far as drilling that hole to retain that mirror cover that keeps falling off......measure twice,drill once. Really no big deal. I have the legwings.....but will install them once my Covid Blue F3 awakes from hibernation.
    The wings cut air movement at the hip/ mid section of rider and passenger. They work, tested in 35 degree morning weather.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vario View Post
    Thanks
    Joe
    I've had the Baker Air Wings on three of my four Spyders. Two RT Limiteds ('13 & '14) and an F3 Limited ('16). I had both the uppers and lowers on all my Spyders. I'm waiting to see, in person, what they have for my 2020 RT Limited. They are, by far, one of the most functional mods you can do to your Spyder. If you have the F4 Windshield on your F3 Limited, I would not get the "Hand Wings" that attach to the mirror covers. I would get F4s "Air Wings". Those are much more functional than the Hand Wings. I've had both.

I hope this helps.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the responses. I do not have the F4 w/s as i felt his smaller one was too high for me. I got a w/s from Lamonster, and it fits great, so F4's airwings will not work. Just looking for something to move air to and from me depending on temp. When i saw the new air wings for the RTL that BRP shows, i was hoping that maybe they would work on the F3L, but it does not look like it.
    Joe

Spyder Garage

I have both mirror wings and leg wings. Together they keep you warm and drier. There for the torso and legs. Wont take wind off your hands. I have the F4 windshield with the hand wings for that. All together there great in cold weather and open for hot weather to cool you off. The mirror wings come with a template. Not hard to do. Best of all your mirror covers are than bolted on so you cant loose them.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I installed the leg wings on my 2017 F3 LTD. Adjusted properly they keep a lot of the heat off my legs in the summer. This was the main reason for me getting them.