Spyder Garage

Default Need help with BRP Connect

71 degrees here in Wisconsin, so I plotted a new area on the map to explore. Couldn't wait to get going and BRP is stuck on loading screen! This is the first time I have had this problem, any ideas what it could be? Thanks in advance for the help.

Spyder Garage

Just wanted to add I tried a new phone cable, and double checked wifi and bluetooth.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I tried BuRP Connect on my 2018 RTL. I decided, after more stress than I cared to experience, it wasn't worth it. I tried it again (sort of) on my 2021 RT. It's not any better. It's a great concept but not ready for prime time. Personally, unless you just can't live without it, I wouldn't mess with it. One of these days, BuRP will come to their senses and replace Connect with Apple Carplay/Android Auto.

As far as your problem, I'd start by shutting down and restarting your bike. You might also check to ensure your battery is topped up. You might need to have the dealer reflash with the latest firmware (even if you currently have the latest version).

HAGO!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I tried BuRP Connect on my 2018 RTL. I decided, after more stress than I cared to experience, it wasn't worth it. I tried it again (sort of) on my 2021 RT. It's not any better. It's a great concept but not ready for prime time. Personally, unless you just can't live without it, I wouldn't mess with it. One of these days, BuRP will come to their senses and replace Connect with Apple Carplay/Android Auto.

As far as your problem, I'd start by shutting down and restarting your bike. You might also check to ensure your battery is topped up. You might need to have the dealer reflash with the latest firmware (even if you currently have the latest version).

HAGO!
    I was afraid that's what kind of response I would get! I know I have been lucky so far, no problems with anything connecting or working. (Un)fortunately this looks like the last nice weekend here so off to the dealer next year.

Spyder Garage

Did you check your voltage to see that you are about 12 volts static. Also, check battery connections, by putting a wrench on them to make sure they are tight.
    2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What map? You're using an phone approved cable?

When you turn the key on and plug the cable in, the phone should be unlocked. Then the BRP C app will open and the screen will go dark. Once the dash shows the phone info ( battery, headset etc) and the radio starts playing you should be able to hit the button and switch to the BRP apps. When you open an app in the dash it also opens in the phone but then the phone reverts to dark screen.

If you're using Rever, don't. I believe that until there is a dash update it doesn't work in the dash. The New Sygic GPS app as well as FOBO ii is now available to use. Genius is having problems but I don't use it so I don't know much about it.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the advice. I should have mentioned this was a genius map app. And my battery, cable, and everything was fine. I didn't want to ruin the whole day so I went for a ride anyway and was using the bluetooth for music all day. When I got home I tried to switch over to BRP and no problem! I have no idea what happened but now know I can't depend on it to work when I need to. Think I will find a phone mount just to be safe for a backup. Thanks for the help and any other advice will be appreciated.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Many are finding that using BRP Connect in the dash is fidgety and troublesome. I tried for over 2 years to get it to work and I now use a USB Data blocker in the cable so it is just a power cable. I mount the phone on top of the dash and pair it and headset/s to the bike. Then I use any music from the phone as well as any GPS app and Rever.

You'll need to turn the FM radio off by turning it all the way down then one push down on the joystick and it will go off. Then go to the music settings and switch to bluetooth. Then when you go for a ride you get the music playing, turn the bike on and put it in the mount. Open the GPS app and get going. The music will switch to the bike's system once the dash boots up. Much faster than waiting to be able to use BRP C and then getting music going. 20 seconds compared to over 2 minutes.

Hoping for a dash update soon!
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MonPaul View Post
    Need Help with BRP Connect

71 degrees here in Wisconsin, so I plotted a new area on the map to explore. Couldn't wait to get going and BRP is stuck on loading screen! This is the first time I have had this problem, any ideas what it could be? Thanks in advance for the help.

I know it won't help you much Mon, but.... Doesn't everyone?!

Especially BRP?!? .

Sorry, but I really hadta .
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-08-2020 at 03:04 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a GPS reception problem. Were you in an enclosed garage on perhaps a cloudy day? Sometimes moving the vehicle outside enhances reception.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I gave up on BRP. Couldn’t get it to connect and like you say it was way too fidgety. Got out my old Garmin and we’ll see if I can get Satellite radio or just plug iHeart and my stereo system.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Plarimer View Post
    I gave up on BRP. Couldn’t get it to connect and like you say it was way too fidgety. Got out my old Garmin and we’ll see if I can get Satellite radio or just plug iHeart and my stereo system.
    You might want to check out Sygic Gps Nav app for smartphones. It's on sale and it means one device that does everything. Only one power cable needed.

Best thing with Sygic is you can modify routes just like you can in Google Maps desktop. Use your finger to move the highlighted route to another road. Can't do that in any Garmin.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

A couple of tidbits...

One, we have a Farcebook group just for BRPc... https://www.facebook.com/groups/2125926714370274

Next... make sure you do the following boot-up sequence...

1-start the Spyder
    2-Wait for the entire dash to boot-up
    3-Unlock you phone (and make sure it stays unlocked... turn off any auto-locking)
    4-Connect your cable
    5-Wait for BRPc to show up on your phone and make your screen go black (it takes over)... with possibly only a BRPc logo being show

Now BRPc will work as best as it can... which is always suspect.

But I have found (from others) that you have to follow the above steps exactly to get it to communicate properly. If you connect the cable before the dash fully boots up, it gets confused.

Hope this helps...
    Last edited by kissfan; 11-09-2020 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Clarity
    My vice is passion for KISS.
    Oh, and food.

Current ride: 2019 Spyder RT-L in Phoenix Orange.

2019 RT-L , Phoenix Metallic Orange

Spyder Garage

Thank you!

Spyder Garage

I want to thank you for your step-by-step instructions. I finally had time to sit down and go through them one by one and found my phone and Sirius satellite radio hooked right up. I appreciate your help, Peter.

Spyder Garage

THis happens to me on my 2018RTL about 20% of the time... if I shut the bike off, diasconnect and reconnect the phone etc, it seems to work. Just typical glitchiness I think.

You can't get there from here....

Mods and Tweaks:
    Showcrome Trunk Rack
    Showcrome LED Trunk Light
    Garmin 390LM
    Spyderzone Floating Hiway Boards
    Spyderzone Mount Dash Bracket
    BajaRon Antisway Bar
    Showcrome full-size brake pedal
    Spyder-2-Go Driver Cup holder
    Ram X phone mount
    SpyderExtras 12 volt Docking Station
    BRP Driver Backrest
    Monster 4K Action Camera
    Spyderzone LED Fender Mount Spotlights
    CASA LED Headlights and Foglights
    2018 RT Limited , Ashphalt Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Recently some new apps have become available and most of them work great. Rever still has problems but the others work. The new Sygic app is way better and Dash radio is similar to SiriusXM.

Working apps:
    Sygic GPS Nav
    Sygic Car Nav
    FOBO
    FOBO II
    Dash Radio
    Genius Maps
    Plus the standard apps
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

50 here in Lincoln Nebraska on Thanksgiving day so that means I will be out for a ride while the turkey is in the oven. The rest of the week is supposed to be even warmer. I might even take a ride in December.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

50 here in Lincoln Nebraska on Thanksgiving day so that means I will be out for a ride while the turkey is in the oven. The rest of the week is supposed to be even warmer. I might even take a ride in December.
    No turkey, no family but it's supposed to hover around 60* here in NC today so I'll be leaving in a couple hours. Hope to cover about 250 miles today depending on weather (30% chance of rain and 90% of the roads I'll take are pretty curvy...not as much fun when you have to slow down for the rain).

I fully expect to ride in December, too. And January. And February. And March. Etc.

Spyder Garage

One thing I found is you can leave the phone hooked up and start and stop as many times as you want and come out and restart the spider and it boots right up. Also for some reason on mine I can plug it in before I start the vehicle up for the day it also boots right up. So evidently once the spider recognizes your phone you’re good to go without going through the step-by-step procedure. Again thanks so much it worked out very well and in addition it charges the phone while you’re playing. Thanks again, Peter.

Spyder Garage

One thing I found is you can leave the phone hooked up and start and stop as many times as you want and come out and restart the spider and it boots right up. Also for some reason on mine I can plug it in before I start the vehicle up for the day it also boots right up. So evidently once the spider recognizes your phone you’re good to go without going through the step-by-step procedure. Again thanks so much it worked out very well and in addition it charges the phone while you’re playing. Thanks again, Peter.
    Maybe that is why the buried it in the frunk?????
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.