Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Slingmods floorboard lighting

Hey guys, Slingmods has come up with a lighted floorboard solution like the one that is now offered on the 2021 Spyders. But Slingmods version will blink yellow with your turn indicator. What do you think? Will it be as durable as the BRP solution? Is the extra bling worth the install time? They are priced about $90 less than BRB.

https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...cled?vehicle=1

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very interesting but I want to see an install video before I drop over $200 on that.

Spyder Garage

Looks nice, but I would be very careful about add-on LEDs mounted down low like that.
    I added the TricLEDs to my SpyderPops bump skid. After a few weeks, it looked like a Jack O' Lantern.

Unless the LED strip is recessed and properly protected, it's just too vulnerable to damage.

Having said that, I'll probably buy them.

Just my opinion of course. I could be wrong, and I'm sure someone on this site will be DELIGHTED to tell me if I am.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Very interesting but I want to see an install video before I drop over $200 on that.
    Where's the $200 coming from??

Is that for the same "TricLED Floorboard Dual Color LED Running Lights with Turn Signal Integration for the Can-Am Spyder RT (Set of 2) (2020+) $159.95 Discounted Price" with "FREE SHIPPING ON MOST U.S. ORDERS OVER $49*" that I see when I click the link ollicat put up?? Or am I seeing a 'really special' Special price shown cos I'm in Oz??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Where's the $200 coming from??

Is that for the same "TricLED Floorboard Dual Color LED Running Lights with Turn Signal Integration for the Can-Am Spyder RT (Set of 2) (2020+) $159.95 Discounted Price" with "FREE SHIPPING ON MOST U.S. ORDERS OVER $49*" that I see when I click the link ollicat put up?? Or am I seeing a 'really special' Special price shown cos I'm in Oz??
    You have to add the $49.95 1:2 Accessory Power Harness if you don't already have it. That brings the total to $209.90.

Spyder Garage

They are not telling you that these are pre order right now. They are not available and will not be in to TricLed for about 10 days.
    We do not have them listed quite yet on our store site because of that. We will install a set on our 2020 RT, for testing also.
    We should have them listed in about a week when we know for sure when they are available and can test.

If you install the Sequential Fender LED's you would install the extra harness then and bring running and turn signal out to the A-Arm. All plug and play from there.
    Last edited by rick_w; 11-07-2020 at 08:45 AM.
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Goldwinger part of me really likes them, but the LEGAL part of me has something against white lights showing to the sides.

If they were dual-intensity amber, and the lower-intensity would go OFF when the turn signals were in operation, that would give better contrast with the higher-intensity/OFF flashing. I could almost go for something like that.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

SlingMods has some really neat plug and play LED stuff, right expensive though. They have some neat LEDs for the A arms too. I get sucked in with this 'personalized' stuff, like WrapYourSpyder, SlingMods. I try and to pick and choose so it doesn't get 'gaudy' and spread the purchases over time if I can't live without them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Looks nice, but I would be very careful about add-on LEDs mounted down low like that.
    I added the TricLEDs to my SpyderPops bump skid. After a few weeks, it looked like a Jack O' Lantern.

Unless the LED strip is recessed and properly protected, it's just too vulnerable to damage.

Having said that, I'll probably buy them.

Just my opinion of course. I could be wrong, and I'm sure someone on this site will be DELIGHTED to tell me if I am.
    I have been running amber LED's on the edge of Spyder floorboards for years, and the only issue I have had is them comming loose from getting caught by boots. I just clean the area and apply contact cement to reattach.
    I have been thinking about adding some to my 2020RT. These would be easier to do since it's a complete kit, but not sure I like the white running lights.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not really liking the 'white' either, maybe amber or some color that does not attract the patrol car.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm 99% sure the white running lights have to be legal. I wouldn't be concerned with police. I like them but not sure I'd pay that for some stick on LEDs. I know the BuRP version doesn't have integrated turn signals but I want more info on those before I decided what, if anything, I'll buy.

Spyder Garage

SlingMods Led floorboards led lights, are they turn on/off via the ignition switch?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    The Goldwinger part of me really likes them, but the LEGAL part of me has something against white lights showing to the sides.

If they were dual-intensity amber, and the lower-intensity would go OFF when the turn signals were in operation, that would give better contrast with the higher-intensity/OFF flashing. I could almost go for something like that.

Hi Steve we are good with this. Ohio Law 4513.13 states it can be White or Amber. 4513.17 covers the same light flashing both colors. Of course we are one of a handful of states that allows red and blue under glow. I found out the hard way once that other states do not!! Not sure if all states allow the white side light.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Schreckftw View Post
    Hi Steve we are good with this. Ohio Law 4513.13 states it can be White or Amber. 4513.17 covers the same light flashing both colors. Of course we are one of a handful of states that allows red and blue under glow. I found out the hard way once that other states do not!! Not sure if all states allow the white side light.
    Thanks for bringing this point ...... Most folks ASSUME if someone is selling it - then it must be LEGAL ..... NOT TRUE .... it May be but it may Not be ..... everyone needs to check for the State they live, Vermont has the most restrictive NON-OEM lighting regs. that I know of .... If you add decorative lighting I strongly advise it have a shut-off switch. I have lots of LED lites on my RT, and they all conform to Fed. D.O.T. regs. as to color and PLACEMENT. .... However I still have a shut-off switch ...... good luck .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

True UNLESS they're from the OEM. I have no doubt TricLED has done their homework but there's probably some disclaimer that states "for offroad use only" or some such. If BuRP sells an accessory to all 50 states and/or Canada for a machine meant for road use in all 50 states and/or Canada, I think they would have certify that it's legal in all 50 states and/or Canada. I guarantee they have a team of lawyers who check these things out. If I were to put their lighted floorboards on my bike and get a ticket, I could sue BuRP and win. (I don't see all of that happening but it's possible.)

Spyder Garage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBqArHEbCbE

We really like these. They look great, put out a lot of light and are a great safety feature.
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rick_w View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBqArHEbCbE

We really like these. They look great, put out a lot of light and are a great safety feature.
    Thanks for the video. THAT'S what I've been waiting for, Rick. One question that I didn't see on your website. Is there any warranty and if so, for how long?

HAGO!

Spyder Garage

TricLed usually has a one time replacement lifetime warranty to the original purchaser.

I think most people will really like the new Floorboard LED's.

https://store.valueaccessories.net/D...htsRT2020.aspx
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like them, gotta save my coins.

Spyder Garage

Anyone bought them? If so, what do you think?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    Anyone bought them? If so, what do you think?
    Got 'em, Love 'em. Really light up at night and give you some great side visibility in the daytime. Take your time installing and make sure you really clean the curvy area of floor boards before sticking the tubes on. 2 thumbs up from me.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Sweet! Thanks. I really like the look and was trying to decide between aftermarket and the OEM version. Then, I finally had confirmation that OEM doesn't include the amber turn indicators. So, aftermarket it is. Do you need any tools other than the T30 and something to secure the wiring?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    Sweet! Thanks. I really like the look and was trying to decide between aftermarket and the OEM version. Then, I finally had confirmation that OEM doesn't include the amber turn indicators. So, aftermarket it is. Do you need any tools other than the T30 and something to secure the wiring?
    Got mine from Slingmods. Instructions included. They hook up to the OEM fender light harness. Splitter is included with the lights. No special tools needed. I used dielectric grease and taped all the connecting points to keep them waterproof. Not a hard install. On a scale from 1 to 10, I give it a 3.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a set on my S2S. I like them, but the white light is visible from the rear of the spyder. This is no good in NY state. I have been trying to figure out how to make them amber all the time. The strip is only 2 wires(+ and -), yet they are 2 colors. I havent figured out how they do that yet. Maybe by reversing polarity? They seem pretty durable and stick VERY well to the floorboards. The white light is not very visible during the day as you can see in my signature picture.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

That's really interesting. I should probably make sure I don't get a ticket if I install them on mine, but I've seen so many obnoxious vehicle lighting in Ga, that I really don't care. Besides, I think additional visibility increases my safety(even if that is just perceived by me). So, If do get a citation for them, it's worth it to me lol.