Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Once you put the stuff in there how do you check your air pressure after with out messing up your tire gauge? I have never used any of that stuff ever?
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Once you put the stuff in there how do you check your air pressure after with out messing up your tire gauge? I have never used any of that stuff ever?
    It stays down in the tread area of your tire. It is not messy. It is also TPMS safe. Any residual in the valve is cleared once you re-air up your tire.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    You put the goop in the tire with the valve centre removed from the valve stem.... then once it's all in, you re-install the valve centre and add air to the desired pressure.

From there on in, the air pressure keeps the goop out of the valve stem in all but exceptional circumstances, so you never really hafta worry about messing your tire gauge or TPMS or anything like that!! And if you ever do encounter any of those 'exceptional circumstances' where the goop comes outta the valve stem, then I'm pretty sure that messing up your tire pressure gauge &/or TPMS is gonna be the very least of your concerns!

But be warned, even tho some of these are 'less messy' than others, once you get into the stripping & refitting of tires, any of this 'inside the tire' balancing stuff is likely make more work for your tire technician, and possibly even make for a bit of an extra mess in/on them & their gear too (altho some are definitely 'less work &/or messy' than others.... ) so unless you do all your tire stripping & refitting yourself, be prepared for some rude words &/or extra costs!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-13-2020 at 07:11 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    .....But be warned, even tho some of these are 'less messy' than others, once you get into the stripping & refitting of tires, any of this 'inside the tire' balancing stuff is likely make more work for your tire technician, and possibly even make for a bit of an extra mess in/on them & their gear too (altho some are definitely 'less work &/or messy' than others.... ) so unless you do all your tire stripping & refitting yourself, be prepared for some rude words &/or extra costs!
    Ride-On sealant stays completely down in the tire tread area. No residual is flung onto the wheel. When I had my Ride-On equipped Vredestein tires swapped from my OEM wheels > PPA wheels, the liquid remained completely in the tires. No need to replace after a wheel swap
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-14-2020 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Ride-On sealant stays completely down in the tire tread area. No residual is flung onto the wheel. When I had my Ride-On equipped Vredestein tires swapped from my OEM wheels > PPA wheels, the liquid remained completely in the tires. No need to replace after a wheel swap
    And that's exactly why I said 'Some' are 'less messy'... & 'the tire balancing stuff is likely....' cos while SOMETIMES, you might be lucky enough to get away with it - at other times, &/or possibly with a slightly different product or set of circumstances, you just might not be quite so lucky as to get away with it!!

So I'll say it again, Be Warned, while SOME of this sorta stuff might not be too bad, or SOMETIMES you might get away with it/just happen to luck out; but since any of this sorta stuff CAN be quite messy at different times &/or under different circumstances during the tire remove/refit process, and if it is, you really won't be appreciated by the tech doing the job and may very well end up on the receiving end of those rude words &/or extra costs!

You may also find that just having been sprung ONCE at some time in the past with the mess caused by some of this stuff (possibly even a different brand/type ) is more than enough for a particular tire tech &/or the tire outlet, so they may well refuse completely to even consider working on your wheel if they know the tire has ANY type of flat tire prevention agent &/or freely moving internal balancing agent inside it - as is their right! Which is why anyone considering installing this type of agent needs to be aware that once installed, they just might find it difficult to get anyone to remove & refit their tire/s! Hence the warning! Caveat Emptor!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

The mechanic at where I bought my Rally said they charge $20.00 extra per tire that has sealant in it. As of right now I only carry the plugs, air cartridges, and 12v pump.

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all for their comments.
    Today I added 8oz of Ride-On (M/C formulation) to each front tire, and 12oz to the rear.
    Straight forward and easy process.
    Then took her out for a test ride, about 20 mi of country and highway
    roads and all is well and balanced and protected.
    great product!

Spyder Garage

Been using Ride On for years. Even had a guy at a lite tell me my Ducati had a nail in it . Looked and sure enough it did. Tire stayed inflated.
    Rode home (slowly) and did a plug. DID NOT RIDE AGAIN UNTILL I (carefully)RODE TO DEALER AND BOUGHT A NEW TIRE... I personally would not trust a plug as a permanent fix for a two wheel bike.

Spyder Garage

I used Ride-On in all 3 tires of my Gold Wing Motor Trike. It nicely balanced the tires to the point that, at highway speeds on a good surface road I would turn loose of the handlebars and wave my arms above me...trike tracked true until it met an anomaly in the road that caused it to drift a little. Triker friends behind me were always horrified I did that...said they had to constantly bully their trikes to keep them in the road. I put it in the tires in 2017 and it was still there and doing a nice job when I sold the trike this year.

I do a lot of very rural riding where there is no cell phone service and its a long wait for rescue so I want to minimize my risk of being stranded with a flat tire. When these OEM Kenda tires are ready for replacement I will add the Ride-ON in the new “some other brand” tires on this 2021 RTL.

I would add that, if the vehicle has not been driven for several days, or if the temps are chilly and vehicle has not been ridden in a few days, the first couple of miles might produce a wobbly/shimmy feeling until the product gets distributed inside the tire...after that its fine. Never noticed the shake if I rode it every day or two no matter the ambient temp.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

I'm with Bfromla. Lamonster has AmerSeal@ an excellent price!

Spyder Garage

When I pull a trailer I carry a compressor and plug kit.

Spyder Garage

Old school here,plug kit and small compressor.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE