Spyder Garage

Default Replacement for fuel/therm gauges?

I disconnected the fuel and therm gauge to get the digital gauge. Now then, is there anything that can be put in there place...even if only a blank???

Thanks
    Fred is a 2010 RT SM5 - Sold.

I am not a mechanic. When I have a tool in my hand, 911 needs to be on Standby.

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

There have been quite a number of members who have out in a digital voltage meter and USB outlet. Just whatever you would like to have...myself, I disconnected the gauges but have just left them to fill the holes. Anyone looking doesn’t realize that they’re not working.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Blanks are available from your dealer. They're fitted as standard to the lesser bikes without the gauges. They're plastic and can be modified according to any suitable accessory you might want to mount in their place. Ignition power and ground is available on the connector removed from the gauge.
    Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    Rule#1: Refer to rule #2.

Spyder Garage

I added a voltage gauge and an air pressure gauge for my air bag as I had to replace the compressor and bag. I rewired the system and have to manually fill it now.

Spyder Garage

Replaced the analog gauges on both our Spyders with a voltmeter on the right side and a dual USB charger on the left side. The USB charger is mounted in a 52mm blanking disk. There's a good how to video in the DIY section of the forum.

RTS Dash02.jpg
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Post #3 talks about the plastic inserts available from the dealers if you want to pull the gauges.

On both my 2010 and 2011 RT's, I just disconnected the gauge wires, taped them off and stuck them back in the compartments. I left the gauges showing and did not add any other items, but, the passenger ejection seat button was a consideration.

Leaving the gauges in place makes it possible for a new owner to bring it back to stock if they want. No one but the owner knows the gauges are just there for show.

My original reason for going from analog to digital was the wonky gas gauges. After two tries at fixing on the 2010 we just gave up. Linda drove 50 miles with the wonky gauge on her 2011 and had me change it out. The digitals always worked perfect. The 2014 was and is still fine, concerning the analog gas gauge.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 11-05-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Round base RAM mounts fit nicely over the holes. You just need to fix an anchoring system to hold them in place. I use one for a phone mount to run GPS tracking app and the other for my tablet on which I run the Sygic GPS app.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

you will need something that is 52MM round, to fit properly in the openings.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Rally Sport Direct has the 52mm blanks.
    2013 RT , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Myron Ah View Post
    I added a voltage gauge and an air pressure gauge for my air bag as I had to replace the compressor and bag. I rewired the system and have to manually fill it now.
    Me too...larryd