Thread: Better Lighting

Spyder Garage

Default Better Lighting

I have a 2019 Spyder RT Limited with LED Headlights and Fog lights but I need more lights to lite up the road. I ride year round unless it is snowing or ice on the road. I almost hit a deer this morning that was walking up out of the ditch and did not see it till it was right beside me. Any suggestions?
    2019 RT Limited , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default DEL bar

I lwedwards
    You can find an LED light bar and install it at the base like the picture.

FlyBoy2121

canam-ryker-front-grille-guard-skid-plate-with-optional-led-light-bar.jpg
    2014 RT ltd , original original Cognac

Spyder Garage

Try some A-frame extra lights in LED.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

If you want the absolute best and money is no object, Clearwater LED lights are great.
    https://www.clearwaterlights.com/
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks RICZ, clearwater shows their different beam patterns because LEDs are not simply just LEDs. It's all about beam projection. There are several brands of LEDs out there that are no better, and possibly less effective, than stock BRP bulbs.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    If you want the absolute best and money is no object, Clearwater LED lights are great.
    Yes, clearwaterlights is great for LED lights. I found some reasonable motorcycle LED lights on amazon too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Thanks RICZ, clearwater shows their different beam patterns because LEDs are not simply just LEDs. It's all about beam projection. There are several brands of LEDs out there that are no better, and possibly less effective, than stock BRP bulbs.
    I had Clearwater's Darla lights on my Victory - fantastic lights. I liked that they are 100% bright when you select high beam, but you can control the brightness on low beam with a handlebar mounted control. When I dim for oncoming, I still have sufficient light and I haven't blinded the oncoming with 3,000 lumens of well focused light.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lwedwards View Post
    I have a 2019 Spyder RT Limited with LED Headlights and Fog lights but I need more lights to lite up the road. I ride year round unless it is snowing or ice on the road. I almost hit a deer this morning that was walking up out of the ditch and did not see it till it was right beside me. Any suggestions?
    Where I travel the deer are on the move now. We just set our clocks back an hour because of daylight savings time so most of us are coming home in the dark now, or even worse, in the dusk hours. The temps here are dropping and the deer migration is on and the road kills are on the increase. However, people still drive like they're going to a fire. We lose a number of citizens every year around this time because they crash their cars trying to avoid hitting a deer. Go figure? Don't leave the pavement, stay in your lane, and take the deer straight on if you can't stop in time. GMHO

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I saw some LIGHTING video's and they are VERY impressive ( and so isn't the price ) ..... I highly advise looking at what " Denali LED " has to offer .... they are priced at around 2/3 third's LESS money ..... there are many vids on U-tube for each brand ..... I think " PMK " uses Denali's ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

I bought a roll of accent leds that you cut and wire your self -lasted 10 years with no issues. They now offer everything.
    A Lot of Amazons ones will fog with moisture as one did on my truck inexpensive and cheap product But lasted a year.
    Kinda went crazy? IMG_20170803_200432.jpg
    IMG_20170524_035214.jpg
    Little square ones where the best for spotting deer on your left and right sides.
    https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/off-road-lights/

Lifetime warranty!
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Happy New Year.. Ordered a 2021 RT Sea to Sky and am interested in an Auxiliary Light( LED )for the lower front nose. BRP has one for that position but want an arm and a leg. Any suggestions? It looks like you have one on yours. User Name BillyBrad..Thankzzz

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the Sea to Sky. Very lovely. Would've figured the aux light came with that. I want the LED floor boards that come on the StS, but will probably go aftermarket. I haven't checked, but a few vendors may have the aux light or something similar. From my understanding, the BRP aux light is ~$200 and fairly simple to install. So, you can possibly buy and install it yourself.
    If that doesn't work for you, try 1 of the vendors here like TricLed or slingmods.
    Last edited by JohnRuckus; 01-23-2021 at 07:52 AM. Reason: grammar

Spyder Garage

Congratulations on the purchase of your Sea To Sky Spyder! I purchased the BRP Auxiliary light and yes, its $264.99. UPS delivered it this morning and it is so simple to install. You remove the front (cover) plate which has a T10 Torx screw on each end. Once you remove the screws and pull the plate, the power cord is inserted into a dummy connector on the back of the plate. Remove it and plug it into the auxiliary light. **NOTE** - The Auxiliary light came with 4 Phillip head screws. Also, there will be 2 holes on each side of the bike (additional holes were predrilled) and they will line up perfectly. Screw them in, and you're done! I will say it makes the ground directly in front of the Spyder much brighter and standing in front of the machine with the on makes the bike much more visible and menacing looking in my opinion. I'm happy with my purchase.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    Congrats on the Sea to Sky. Very lovely. Would've figured the aux light came with that. I want the LED floor boards that come on the StS, but will probably go aftermarket. I haven't checked, but a few vendors may have the aux light or something similar. From my understanding, the BRP aux light is ~$200 and fairly simple to install. So, you can possibly buy and install it yourself.
    If that doesn't work for you, try 1 of the vendors here like TricLed or slingmods.
    I'm pretty sure the S2S does NOT come with the lighted floorboards. They're an accessory (that happens to fit any 2020+ RT).

I've got the Auxiliary light on my 2021 RT. Maybe not as good as one of the Clearwater LED lights but I can see very well with it. As Roadroach said, the installation couldn't be an easier. I had the dealership install mine when I bought it only because it started to rain HARD just before I rode home (1 hr ride) and I wanted others to be able to see me. I had already purchased the light so I was willing to pay them a few bucks to do the work. I've had the front of the RT off (to install the frunk liner....I'd have to say frunk THAT in the future) so I saw how it was mounted. The Auxiliary light doesn't look added on like any aftermarket LED lights which is also a plus. One of the reasons we buy these bikes is for the looks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBrad View Post
    Happy New Year.. Ordered a 2021 RT Sea to Sky and am interested in an Auxiliary Light( LED )for the lower front nose. BRP has one for that position but want an arm and a leg. Any suggestions? It looks like you have one on yours. User Name BillyBrad..Thankzzz
    Congratulation On getting the Sea To Sky, I think instead of Auxiliary light you should consider Clearwater LED lights.

Spyder Garage

Thanks i was on the fence about the OEM Auxiliary light, I do feel more lighting will make a big difference in my visuals and those coming toward me

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have fitted a set of Baja Designs S2 Pro's with mixed lenses. They are very very light weight, have Cree LED's and produce a phenomenal amount of light for their size. I saw a YouTube shootout for LED light bars and while these weren't light bars, they sure behave like them.

The only downside - when you revert to low beam or high beam without them, its like having two candles on their last breath of oxygen to light up the road. The mixed lenses give both a good spread lighting up your surrounds (for those critters eager to share your part of the road) and a good pencil beam lighting the road way ahead.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products...ight-White.asp
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's something I picked off of another post. When and if I make a purchase I will seriously consider these.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ens/1936/4141/

Spyder Garage

looking at their web page they have no mounting solutions for BRP.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc McCoy View Post
    looking at their web page they have no mounting solutions for BRP.
    If you want o go with Clearwater, I suggest you talk with someone there and tell them where and how you want to mount their lights. Maybe send them photos. I find I get better service and exactly what I want over the phone than on line.

Spyder Garage

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used 1 of these.
    I removed the chin plate,
    drilled a hole to fit wires thru,
    used posi-taps to connect to the oem harness behind the plate.
    DONE!

I've since added a switch in the blank over the tank.
    chin.jpg
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Mine is basically like RayBJ's, installed the same way. You'll even have a spare light if you need it. It looks great also.

2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have these "For Sale"...New in box lights, switch & mounting brackets for New & Old style fenders...$150.00 Includes free shipping to USA...larryd

https://tricledusa.com/collections/s...d-s-spotlights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post

I used 1 of these.
    I removed the chin plate,
    drilled a hole to fit wires thru,
    used posi-taps to connect to the oem harness behind the plate.
    DONE!

I've since added a switch in the blank over the tank.
    chin.jpg
    did the exact same thing just used the wire provided for power source

Spyder Garage

I just put on sling mods 360 halogens. Great. 8012EE9A-BC79-4DD0-8156-0AF29457A6B6.jpg