Spyder Garage

Default Anyone got a good source for a 2012 RS license plate lens housing?

Ok so appears mine decided to part-ways with my bike at some point today.... now all I have is the mount with the license bulb and a screw with a little bit of red plastic under the screw head. Gahhhhhh!

Anybody know of a good source for this part used or something? I find the entire assembly on Ebay for like $70 but I only need a new lens frankly. At 20,000 miles I had no idea the dang thing would just break off going down the road... the roads in my neighborhood are really bad, but I take them VERY SLOWLY till I get to good pavement so not sure why the thing decided to fracture and break off it was there earlier in the day then gone when I got back to my yard this evening. :-\

Thanks.

- Michael

Spyder Garage

Custom Dynamics used to sell a replacement lens for $20. But they don’t carry the part anymore. After I lost two lenses I put a screw in each side of the lens to hold it to the mount. I haven’t had a problem since.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After loosing 3 in 10 years, I am pulling the whole assembly out, put some reflective tape in its place and install led lights that holds the plate also.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008RIEQXY...p_mob_ap_share
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

PM Sent
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I got mine at AutoZone $6.25

Quote Originally Posted by Michael211_2000 View Post
    Ok so appears mine decided to part-ways with my bike at some point today.... now all I have is the mount with the license bulb and a screw with a little bit of red plastic under the screw head. Gahhhhhh!

Anybody know of a good source for this part used or something? I find the entire assembly on Ebay for like $70 but I only need a new lens frankly. At 20,000 miles I had no idea the dang thing would just break off going down the road... the roads in my neighborhood are really bad, but I take them VERY SLOWLY till I get to good pavement so not sure why the thing decided to fracture and break off it was there earlier in the day then gone when I got back to my yard this evening. :-\

Thanks.

- Michael
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 01-31-2021 at 03:55 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Haze! I appreciate it!

- Michael

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by michael211_2000 View Post
    ok so appears mine decided to part-ways with my bike at some point today.... Now all i have is the mount with the license bulb and a screw with a little bit of red plastic under the screw head. Gahhhhhh!

Anybody know of a good source for this part used or something? I find the entire assembly on ebay for like $70 but i only need a new lens frankly. At 20,000 miles i had no idea the dang thing would just break off going down the road... The roads in my neighborhood are really bad, but i take them very slowly till i get to good pavement so not sure why the thing decided to fracture and break off it was there earlier in the day then gone when i got back to my yard this evening. :-\

thanks.

- michael
    IMG_6161.jpgIMG_6162.jpg
    auto zone
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg

Spyder Garage

I gave up after the socket also got smashed. As I have a tail trunk, I ran a line off the running lite socket so it would be always on when engine on. Then got one of those trailer lite/plate brackets and bolted it on1abike1.jpg
    Former Navy LT, Retired Chemical Dependency Therapist, Retired Widower, "Do, or do not, there is no try"... Jedi Master Yoda.
    Proud member of AA, PGR, and a Navy Shellback!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting