Spyder Garage

Default I tell you what, You Aussie's have everything....

You've the flight to nowhere and Nicole Kidman. I just watched the first episode of The Undoing (with Nicole Kidman) last week. That has to be the best tv series/movie I have seen in a long time. I won't go into detail as I would hate to break any rules.

Spyder Garage

......and don’t forget we have nearly everything in the world that can kill you, WylieC

14A36F67-6D63-4998-924B-F24EC6BCC1A6.jpg

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    You've the flight to nowhere and Nicole Kidman. I just watched the first episode of The Undoing (with Nicole Kidman) last week. That has to be the best tv series/movie I have seen in a long time. I won't go into detail as I would hate to break any rules.
    Meh thats not a TV series this is a TV series................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOa2...864B9057D0597B
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    Meh thats not a TV series this is a TV series................................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOa2...864B9057D0597B
    Ahhhhhhh. The great man himself
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Ahhhhhhh. The great man himself
    In a survival situation would turn that pigmy possum into a ''time to hit the road moment''

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    ......and don’t forget we have nearly everything in the world that can kill you, WylieC

14A36F67-6D63-4998-924B-F24EC6BCC1A6.jpg

Pete
    I'm a Florida native, mate...I feel your pain. Used to step out on the back porch for a morning cuppa and shoo the moccasins and pygmy rattlers off, then throw rocks at the gators that got too cheeky. And of course our state bird was the mosquito...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NoahMercy View Post
    I'm a Florida native, mate...I feel your pain. Used to step out on the back porch for a morning cuppa and shoo the moccasins and pygmy rattlers off, then throw rocks at the gators that got too cheeky. And of course our state bird was the mosquito...
    I really don't mind the 'normal' mosquitos so much, but I spent some time up in Far North Queensland where they've got these dirty great 'twin engined' jobbies!! These bugga's would just laugh at the metal mosquito screens on the donga windows, then punch straight thru them, rip dirty great holes in any mosquito netting you might've hung up in the vain hope that it'd keep them out, and drag you outta your rack before beating the crap outta you!! Next morning you'd have fist sized hickey type bruises all over any skin that hadn't been protected by multiple layers of thick cams &/or heavy canvas swags, and the muscle aches & pains that resulted lasted for years!! The Doctors might call it Ross River Fever, but I know a real beating when I get hit by a Mack Truck! Those skeeter're NASTY!! And even the strongest DEET seemed to just attract them - they thrived on the stuff!!

Even so, they're nowhere near as deadly as the Drop Bears & the Hoop Snakes!! And there's REALLY a reason you see so many Big Red Roo's around the place with those dirty great boxing gloves strapped on!! If they weren't wearing them, they'd grabyasall & punch you into the middle of next year before propping back on that ginormous tail & ripping your guts out with just one kick!! At least with the boxing gloves on 'em, you stand a fighting chance of staying concious thru the punching bit, and that gives you an opportunity to drop down & play dead where they can only use their teeth on you (dirty fighters, dirty biters! ) but at least they can't get a good grip & rip those big claws into your soft underbelly!!

But all of those, including the Sharks & the Salties, the Buffalo (bad tempered on a good day!) Cone Snails, Box Jellyfish, Toad fish, Stone fish, Pygmy Possums, Yellow-bellied Sea Snakes and all the other venomous land based Snakes, Octopussies (those tiny little blue ringed jobbies are deadly!!) and the Funnel Webs, Red Backs, Mouse spiders etc, including all the rest I've forgotten - ALL of them are put into the shade & dead scared of that sneakiest & most bloody devious of cobbled together marsupials you've ever seen - they're not ever much longer than your fore-arm, look all cute & cuddly but the adult fellas pack a spur that'll create instant & overwhelming agony, so bad that if you DON'T die straight off, you'll be wishing you had & looking for ways to kill yourself RIGHT NOW!! They ALL pay homage to the bloody Platypus!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-03-2020 at 12:58 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I really don't mind the 'normal' mosquitos so much, but I spent some time up in Far North Queensland where they've got these dirty great 'twin engined' jobbies!! These bugga's would just laugh at the metal mosquito screens on the donga windows, then punch straight thru them, rip dirty great holes in any mosquito netting you might've hung up in the vain hope that it'd keep them out, and drag you outta your rack before beating the crap outta you!! Next morning you'd have fist sized hickey type bruises all over any skin that hadn't been protected by multiple layers of thick cams &/or heavy canvas swags, and the muscle aches & pains that resulted lasted for years!! The Doctors might call it Ross River Fever, but I know a real beating when I get hit by a Mack Truck! Those skeeter're NASTY!! And even the strongest DEET seemed to just attract them - they thrived on the stuff!!

Even so, they're nowhere near as deadly as the Drop Bears & the Hoop Snakes!! And there's REALLY a reason you see so many Big Red Roo's around the place with those dirty great boxing gloves strapped on!! If they weren't wearing them, they'd grabyasall & punch you into the middle of next year before propping back on that ginormous tail & ripping your guts out with just one kick!! At least with the boxing gloves on 'em, you stand a fighting chance of staying concious thru the punching bit, and that gives you an opportunity to drop down & play dead where they can only use their teeth on you (dirty fighters, dirty biters! ) but at least they can't get a good grip & rip those big claws into your soft underbelly!!

But all of those, including the Sharks & the Salties, the Buffalo (bad tempered on a good day!) Cone Snails, Box Jellyfish, Toad fish, Stone fish, Pygmy Possums, Yellow-bellied Sea Snakes and all the other venomous land based Snakes, Octopussies (those tiny little blue ringed jobbies are deadly!!) and the Funnel Webs, Red Backs, Mouse spiders etc, including all the rest I've forgotten - ALL of them are put into the shade & dead scared of that sneakiest & most bloody devious of cobbled together marsupials you've ever seen - they're not ever much longer than your fore-arm, look all cute & cuddly but the adult fellas pack a spur that'll create instant & overwhelming agony, so bad that if you DON'T die straight off, you'll be wishing you had & looking for ways to kill yourself RIGHT NOW!! They ALL pay homage to the bloody Platypus!!
    Please keep those buggers and don't send them here. I thought we had mosquitos in Alaska. They always called them B-52's there. Now far gone from there, and don't have any mosquito problem where we are now.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I must say that I find the direction of the thread and what others find interesting, how should I put it, refreshing. I, on the other hand, find two beautiful women in close quarters a tad bit more interesting; but that's just me.

I guess in my first post it sounded like I didn't want to give away the plot when I said not going into any detail.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I must say that I find the direction of the thread and what others find interesting, how should I put it, refreshing. I, on the other hand, find two beautiful women in close quarters a tad bit more interesting; but that's just me.

I guess in my first post it sounded like I didn't want to give away the plot when I said not going into any detail.
    It's not that we might also find that interesting, but we're just trying to divert you, & save you from yourself wylie... -
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Why didn't you say so wilie, Aussies are open minded to all................

gettyimages-647764818-1024x1024.jpg

Hello sailor!