Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT limited. Has anyone else installed factory passenger arm rests

Just finished install factory passenger Parma rests on my new spyder. Seems like they should have included, trim pieces to finish the space between the seat any arm rests. I cut the originals down and made them fit, much nicer finish.

Spyder Garage

I hate the damn things. I’d like to remove them but I found you got a tear half the bike apart to get to the anchor points. I don’t carry passengers so they’re useless.

Spyder Garage

Mine came with trim pieces for the armrests.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMB View Post
    Mine came with trim pieces for the armrests.
    Same here, came with Trim and fit perfect.
    2020 RT Limited , ASPHALT GREY METALLIC - DARK EDITION

Spyder Garage

Yep, horrible fit, had to take the original trim and trim it so it would cover the gap to the rear and inside of the bracket, the dealer said BRP had other complaints but weren’t making any changes. If the machine was a couple of thousand I could live with the poor figment but when you’re paying $27,000 for the bike and the arm rests are the most expensive kits available it’s very disappointing BRP won’t make them fit correctly.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd like to figure out how to swing these 2020 arm rests to open further to allow more room for the passenger to mount.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hope this is not a repeat, but I'd like to figure out how to modify so the arm rests to swing wider to allow the passenger more room for mount and dismount.

Spyder Garage

I think it would also be good if these armrests pivoted straight UP as well. Just a bit in the way when my wife feels she needs the grab bars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bluewater, you are so right, those arm rests have a very restricted opening, the passenger can barley get on the pillion Why oh why didn't BRP make them to swing up and out of the way like earlier models. It makes no sense at all.

Spyder Garage

I just put them on my 2020 RT and looks like a Drunk Monkey designed them. GAPS ALL AROUND. They look good 10 feet away. I hope they don't make Airplanes with fit like that... For $465 they should be perfect.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know, that did not work out well. BRP is supposed to have a fix for that, but you know how that goes. I did get mine installed, I got lucky and found a Spyder shop in Clearwater that fixed that 'gap install problem'. I wish BRP had designed those arms to swing up and not to the side, that gets very close for the passenger mount.