Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Well, the verdict seems to be in. The problem was water in the gas tank. And from what I gather, we’re not talking about contaminated gas, we are talking actual water in the gas tank. I have a 20-year-old stepson who hates my guts and also happens to be an auto mechanic. Hmmmmmm.
    2016 F3-S , Black

Spyder Garage

I recall my young brother 'helping' dad by filling Dad's fuel tank from the garden hose. He was about 4 years old at the time.
    2020 F3 Ltd , Brake Pedel lowered. Liquid Titanium

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do they make a locking gas cap for the F3? I am not familiar with the fuel fill on them. If they do, keep it locked and the key hidden. You better check the oil for water too! That will destroy the engine quickly.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    Do they make a locking gas cap for the F3? I am not familiar with the fuel fill on them. If they do, keep it locked and the key hidden. You better check the oil for water too! That will destroy the engine quickly.
    It's native. See video which also shows you the steps to close it easily. First, flop the cap down into the hole. Then turn the key anti-clockwise to the 1 o'clock position. Press down either on both sides of the cap with both thumbs or, because I was holding the camera, put one thumb in the "center" and press until it clicks.

to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dorourke7280 View Post
    Well, the verdict seems to be in. The problem was water in the gas tank. And from what I gather, we’re not talking about contaminated gas, we are talking actual water in the gas tank. I have a 20-year-old stepson who hates my guts and also happens to be an auto mechanic. Hmmmmmm.
    Have you still got your lock fuel cap on or have got an aftermarket cap.