Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Congrats on the new ride! Sounds like a floor jack will be the first. Buy tires only if it needs it.

1973 Honda CL 350 Scrambler (given to Son)
    2018 Vespa Primavera (Wife’s ride)
    2008 Spyder GS
    2020 Piaggio MP3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Should my next upgrade be car tires on the front or the Baja Ron sway bar? Tires would be easier! Remove the wheels at take them to the tire shop. Thinking about how to raise the front of the Spyder for the sway bar project. Chris
    Got any car ramps?
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Got any car ramps?

Front needs something like 22" from lower frame to ground to get out the old sway bar and slide in new one. Chris
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AVBIZ View Post
    Congrats on the new ride! Sounds like a floor jack will be the first. Buy tires only if it needs it.
    Tires only have 6900 miles on them. Looking for better cornering. Chris

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Given the The Formoza AZ01 is a asymmetric tire how are they mounted? Same side out on both sides(result in the pictures below, out ribs angle differently) or is one mounted backside out (thus outer ribs angle forward on both sides). ??

On Edit: It does not matter! The ribs on each side will be angled differently. ???
    It does depend somewhat upon the rib design, but since I don't particularly want any road spray from wet roads blasted in & under my Spyder, ie. immediately into the path of the rear tire... . I generally mount tires with tread designs that matter so that the majority of any road spray is going to be pushed out & away from the rear tire.

As for your choice between tires &/or swaybar, if you are still running the OE Spec Kendas, then arguably the greatest improvement for cornering will come from tossing the OE Spec Kendas & fitting a pair of good quality tires up front, and running them at an appropriate pressure for the (much lighter) loads they'll be carrying.

Yes, a swaybar upgrade will make a noticeable improvement to your cornering too, and if you are already noticing the limitations of the OE spec swaybar, then you'll also want to do that in due course; but without fitting better tires, any handling & cornering improvement the bar upgrade might bring will still be limited by the relatively pedestrian performance of the OE spec Kendas. Of course, if you never try to push up to &/or beyond the Kendas' (fairly restrictive) limits, you'll likely never really notice any cornering improvement per se, but with either upgrade you should still notice some better stability, ride, & handling, etc, and most car tires run at an appropriate pressure will also give you better tread life, puncture resistance, suspension compliance, et all!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    It does depend somewhat upon the rib design, but since I don't particularly want any road spray from wet roads blasted in & under my Spyder, ie. immediately into the path of the rear tire... . I generally mount tires with tread designs that matter so that the majority of any road spray is going to be pushed out & away from the rear tire.

As for your choice between tires &/or swaybar, if you are still running the OE Spec Kendas, then arguably the greatest improvement for cornering will come from tossing the OE Spec Kendas & fitting a pair of good quality tires up front, and running them at an appropriate pressure for the (much lighter) loads they'll be carrying.

Yes, a swaybar upgrade will make a noticeable improvement to your cornering too, and if you are already noticing the limitations of the OE spec swaybar, then you'll also want to do that in due course; but without fitting better tires, any handling & cornering improvement the bar upgrade might bring will still be limited by the relatively pedestrian performance of the OE spec Kendas. Of course, if you never try to push up to &/or beyond the Kendas' (fairly restrictive) limits, you'll likely never really notice any cornering improvement per se, but with either upgrade you should still notice some better stability, ride, & handling, etc, and most car tires run at an appropriate pressure will also give you better tread life, puncture resistance, suspension compliance, et all!

Thanks! Chris

Spyder Garage

OK, we are suppose to run right out and spend our 600 bucks to kick start the economy right? So the new windshield that is ordered is a third of those dollars. I was thinking the magic mirrors are next and then car tires on the front! Oh, BTW the money was deposited in our account last night. Chris

Spyder Garage

Chris, I have done the sway bar on a 2012 and my current 2016. It does take approx 22" - but only lifted just long enough to slip old in and new out. Ride on over and I'll assist.

Bob

Spyder Garage

Today we did one of your favorite rides from Gold Canyon, Az to Fountain Hills. On Sundays they have a car show behind the traven. We also checked up the Crested Saguaro cactus at the Dixie Mine trailhead. We do the route on the Bush Highway pass Saguaro Lake. Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Everyone seems to claim that the 2020-21 RT Limited's handle better than the 2014-2019 RTLs.

What then explains the better handling. Different sway bar? Tires are the same! Better shocks? Smells new???
    I had a 2018 RTL and currently ride a 2021 RT base. There IS a difference in handling. It's not night and day but there IS an improvement. According to BuRP, they tweaked the front suspension. I don't know what they did. The sway bars are the same as are the tires. Could be better shocks but I haven't cross checked the part numbers. The smell is directly related to the number of bean burritos you had the previous night.

Spyder Garage

Found pictures of my first road bike and only other road bike. Had many dirt bikes. Pictured is the Red Kawasaki SR 650. DW was a lot younger then, mid 80's.
    Attached Images Attached Images