Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default New onboard - 2018 RT Limited Chrome

Cut a deal this afternoon to purchase a 2018 RT Limited Chrome with 5,400 miles on the clock. Chris

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Cut a deal this afternoon to purchase a 2018 RT Limited Chrome with 5,400 miles on the clock. Chris
    :congrats.. & .. ..... If this is your first Spyder I suggest you find & read what is posted in a Thread called " Do's & Do not's " .... lots of good info about how to drive a Spyder .... If you have had two wheelers before there is a lot you have to UN-LEARN to safely operate the Spyder ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Had many dirt bikes years ago and a Kawasaki 650SR. In more recent years we did a lot of snowmobiling(no counter steering). Signed up for the two day trike course end of next week. Seller is going to bring it to our RV park for us. Will ride around in the park before hitting the highway. Will check the Do's and Do not's thread. Thanks! Being a techie, I will have to concur the electronic dash. I actually liked the 2014-2017 dash a little better, just looking at them. This 2018 was to good of a deal to pass on. In Arizona there is not sales tax on an used private sale. Low miles, and seventeen and a half. Kind of like the 2020-2021 running boards going farther forward, as I am 6'3", however the rear seat is not as good for DW as the 19 minus. The rear of the early ones is integrated, where as the 2020+ has an add-on appearance. Chris
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Drive it like a snowmobile and you’ll get along just fine.
    2016 F3-T , Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Congrats on your first Spyder. Not sure where in AZ you are, but we are in Apache Junction - so if you are close by we could join you for a ride once you are comfortable on it.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Congrats on your first Spyder. Not sure where in AZ you are, but we are in Apache Junction - so if you are close by we could join you for a ride once you are comfortable on it.
    Apache Junction brings back a long buried memory. Way back in the late 1950s we were moving from Texas to California and, at 3:00 AM, my father got a speeding ticket in, or close to, Apache junction. Apparently the cop was parked behind the only billboard within 100 miles and nabbed us. Those of us in the car thought it was funny - my father didn't. No sense of humor.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

and on the 2018. That is a good

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Got the new to us Spyder home today. It came with helmet with CARDO intercom, cover and drivers backrest that I have to install tomorrow. And I think I like Digital dash. Got my smart phone linked up and rode it around the park and over into Montesa. PW2013STL, we are next door in Gold Canyon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Nash Powersport in Mesa, Az updated the firmware in our new to us 2018 Spyder RTL from 10.05 to 20.80 today. I see a new number in the center of the left speedo/Fuel level/engine temp screen that appears to be miles to empty?

On edit: I confirmed that it is miles to empty. Got music playing to Cardo blue tooth helmets and was able to dial a call from phones contacts on the trikes display. DW did did not answer the phone, so more testing needed. We had a veterans day parade today in our snowbird park, so I put the USCG marching song on the phone and set it to loop and played it on the parade route. So far liking the Spyder and wanted to change the name to Coastie however DW wants to stick with the old boats name of Endless Summer.

Picture is of my friend Mike and his GW trike, and my Spyder at the end of the payment past Tortilla Flats at Canyon Lake, AZ yesterday. Thinking about a ride to Fountain Hills tomorrow via Saguaro Lake.

Spyder Garage

DW took her first ride on the Spyder today. She think's it is a keeper, which is good!

Spyder Garage

Congrats! Very nice color.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

That is without a doubt, my favorite color. Don't see many of them either. Congrats.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

I was having problems with the saddle bags not opening on our new to us 2018 RTL and played with the issue a bit today and think I may have gotten to the bottom of the issue. I could see scuff marks where the drop down "door-lid" was dragging on the fixed part of the saddle bag. So with them open I loosen the hinge screws on the door-lid and pulled out on it and retightened the screw and then repeated the process on the bike side of the hinges pushing up on the open door-lid and then retightening the screws. Both seem to open much better!!!! Fingers crossed. Chris

Spyder Garage

I was having problems with the saddle bags not opening on our new to us 2018 RTL and played with the issue a bit today and think I may have gotten to the bottom of the issue. I could see scuff marks where the drop down "door-lid" was dragging on the fixed part of the saddle bag. So with them open I loosen the hinge screws on the door-lid and pulled out on it and retightened the screw and then repeated the process on the bike side of the hinges pushing up on the open door-lid and then retightening the screws. Both seem to open much better!!!! Fingers crossed. Chris
    Well today after watching a video on adjusting the release cables, that will be my Spyder rear tupperware removal/cable adjust/tupperware reinstall project.

Spyder Garage

Well today after watching a video on adjusting the release cables, that will be my Spyder rear tupperware removal/cable adjust/tupperware reinstall project.
    Easy peasy. Bags open, remove to screws on each side. Remove four screws on lip of trunk, remove rear panel. Remove three screws on mud flap and tilt back. Adjust cables by lengthening them. Second picture is kind of upside down. Chris

Spyder Garage

Be sure to put a drop of some kind of lube on the latching mechanism.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrats & enjoy.

Spyder Garage

&

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Everyone seems to claim that the 2020-21 RT Limited's handle better than the 2014-2019 RTLs. Checking the specs:
    2018 RTL
    L x W x H . . . . . . . . . . . . . 105 x 61.9 x 59.4 in.
    (2,667 x 1,572 x 1,510 mm)
    Wheelbase . . . . . . . . . . . . 67.5 in. (1,714 mm)
    Seat height . . . . . . . . . . . . 30.4 in. (772 mm)
    Ground clearance . . . . . . 4.5 in. (115 mm)
    Dry weight . . . . . . . . . . . . 1,012 lb (459 kg)
    Storage capacity....... 41 gal (155 L)
    Maximum vehicle load . . 494 lb (224 kg)
    Fuel capacity . . . . . . . . . . 6.9 gal (26 L)
    Reserve . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 gal (3.8 L) approx.
    Fuel type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Premium unleaded

2021 RTL and Sea to Sky
    L x W x H ... 111.5 x 61.2 x 57.6 in. (2,833 x 1,554 x 1,464 mm)
    Wheelbase ... 67.5 in. (1,714 mm)
    Seat height .. 29.7 in. (755 mm)
    Ground clearance ... 4.5 in. (115 mm)
    Dry weight ... 1,021 lb (464 kg)

So the 2021 seat is 7/10 of an inch lower, 2021 is 7/10 of an inch narrower, wheel base is the same, weight is within 9 lbs(RTL/Sea to Sky are heavier and 6.5 longer)

What then explains the better handling. Different sway bar? Tires are the same! Better shocks? Smells new???

Spyder Garage

Congratulations on nice RTL. You will enjoy!
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MeudtPG View Post
    Congratulations on nice RTL. You will enjoy!
    We are enjoying it. I ordered a wider/taller windshield today.

Spyder Garage

Should my next upgrade be car tires on the front or the Baja Ron sway bar? Tires would be easier! Remove the wheels at take them to the tire shop. Thinking about how to raise the front of the Spyder for the sway bar project. Chris

Spyder Garage

Your choice really, but I'd say go the tires!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Given the The Formoza AZ01 is a asymmetric tire how are they mounted? Same side out on both sides(result in the pictures below, out ribs angle differently) or is one mounted backside out (thus outer ribs angle forward on both sides). ??

On Edit: It does not matter! The ribs on each side will be angled differently. ???