Spyder Garage

Default BRP Connect & Sygic GPSNavigation

I've notice that the BRP Website has removed "Sygic" and added "Sygic GPS Navigation" in the list of compatible apps., not sure when the change was done. Also the BRP Connect app itself list "Sygic GPS Navigation" as a [New] app but still shows the "Sygic" app. as well. Does anyone have any experience with BRP Connect and "Sygic GPS Navigation"?
    Cape Spear, NF. Most
    easterly point in North
    America
    Provinces & States visited on
    Motorcycle
    2 and/or 3 wheel

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sygic GPS Navigation is an updated and renamed version of Sygic.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Outporter View Post
    I've notice that the BRP Website has removed "Sygic" and added "Sygic GPS Navigation" in the list of compatible apps., not sure when the change was done. Also the BRP Connect app itself list "Sygic GPS Navigation" as a [New] app but still shows the "Sygic" app. as well. Does anyone have any experience with BRP Connect and "Sygic GPS Navigation"?
    Does your BRP App on phone show the Sygic GPS Navigation" app? Think you say it DOES. If so, iPhone or Android, my droid only shows the old Sygic.

Sygic has been making various versions, the car connected we've had, the GPS Navigation you mention, and a Truck version with a few extra features. The GPS Navigation version is worlds better than the car from playing with it on my phone, much more modern etc. Very hopeful they are migrating that version to BRP Connect. Thanks
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Yes, it does show "Sygic GPS Navigation" in the list of apps in BRP Connect with the [New] tag. However when you download and open "Sygic GPS Navigation" it puts it in the loaded apps [greyed out] and removes it from the "More apps" list, so if you download it and only check the more apps list you won't see it but it is there in the loaded apps. This is on iPhone.
    Cape Spear, NF. Most
    easterly point in North
    America
    Provinces & States visited on
    Motorcycle
    2 and/or 3 wheel

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Outporter View Post
    Yes, it does show "Sygic GPS Navigation" in the list of apps in BRP Connect with the [New] tag. However when you download and open "Sygic GPS Navigation" it puts it in the loaded apps [greyed out] and removes it from the "More apps" list, so if you download it and only check the more apps list you won't see it but it is there in the loaded apps. This is on iPhone.
    Thanks. Not yet on Android. Hopefully that means it is coming to replace the Car Connetced version you can no longer get. Much nicer feel on the GPS Navigation version. At least I have the old one.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm not sure how BRP C works as I still have version 2.12 which happened 8 months ago but I see both Sygic GPS as well as FOBO ii up in the top to be installed. Will check out to see if they work. I also need to see if the dash locks up like it did. I also need to see if Rever works. If they all do then I might start using it again.

I checked it on the bike and found the two new app work. Rever open in the phone but the phone doesn't go dark which means the BRP app doesn't come back as the up front app and the dash can't open it. So I think there is a dash update coming if not already out. Haven't checked Cardo yet.

221D9E32-EE12-478A-8E3A-8394B8899F42.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just tried it out and there are still glitches. Slow to start and have to be stopped to get music playing. If you use BT music then you have to go into the menu to switch to bluetooth. I found the Sygic GPS Nav app to want a Car Connectivity fee but when I tried again it worked fine. Any route you have planned had better be saved or you'll have to start from scratch when in the dash. FOBO ii works fine. Rever causes a problem where the app opens and BRP C doesn't go dark again and the bike's dash can't open it. So Rever needs work.

I will use the Data blocker in the cable and have the phone mounted to the dash. Must faster and it all works.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

SYGIC doesnt even have my state Queensland on its map of Australia..I can't work BRP connect out at all. Means I'm buying a 2017 RT LTD to avoid it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-01-2021 at 01:31 AM. Reason: buyimhna - buying a ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Genius Maps is more stable and is what's been used since the beginning. The BRP C app has had an update and new apps for the snowmobiles and Jet Skis.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red