Spyder Garage

Default Anyone in St Pete/Tampa FL who can do Baja Ron Sway Bar install?

Is there anyone in the Tampa Bay/St Petersburg area that does Baja Ron Sway bar installs on a 2018 RTL? I can't come up with an easy (safe) way to lift the bike to the required height. I know it is an easy install, but..... Thanks
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You're probably right to be a bit cautious. It has to be raised nearly the length of the bar, kinda scary if you're not equipped properly.

But, boy oh boy, is it worth the effort.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My local dealer (who's normally very good on pricing) quoted me (3) hours to install a sway bar on my 2021 RT (base, not that it matters). Not gonna happen. I'm looking for someone in my area to install one in the spring.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

3 hours is ridiculous for a shop that has the proper equipment. I had to work off the floor, and with a couple floor jacks
    and it didn't take me that long. We're talking removing and replacing six (6) bolts for the anti-sway bar. I simply can't
    imagine an RT taking that much longer than an STS.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've used West Coast Power Sports in Clearwater, no complaints. I cannot recommend the guys in Brandon, that's a definite.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    I've used West Coast Power Sports in Clearwater, no complaints. I cannot recommend the guys in Brandon, that's a definite.

I bought mine at West Coast. Did you have them install a sway bar? I asked one of their guys a year ago, and they did not seem that interested in aftermarket stuff. Maybe I will try again........

I am willing to pay a little more, since if I do it I have to buy jack stands and a motorcycle lift that I don't plan on using very often..........
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well that's interesting, give it one more shot, see what happens. Very strange that you bought there and they are not willing to do the install. I found them very accommodating on a rear panel recall fix which they devised. Mine was not the traditional fix since I had the passenger arm rests.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Well that's interesting, give it one more shot, see what happens. Very strange that you bought there and they are not willing to do the install. I found them very accommodating on a rear panel recall fix which they devised. Mine was not the traditional fix since I had the passenger arm rests.

I've had great luck with them every time but 1. The guy at the desk, mentioned above, did not seem to know allot about Spiders.......maybe he was a fill in that day. Will check back.....Really wanna bar, but hate the thought of buying a couple of 100 worth of stuff that will just sit in the garage. I have allot of those..... Thanks
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If ya want to get to 'right guy', ask for Ben, tell him Bill Williams from Lakeland referred you. Ben is well versed in Spyders, sometimes he hard to get to, but if you feel so inclined, he's 'the man'.