Spyder Garage

Default How does the F3T throttle spring go back in??

Trying to add Spyder Foam grips and the throttle spring came loose. How does it go back in? Doesn't seem easy. Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-30-2020 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Title clarification & removed prefix - not a 'How To: DIY Explanation'

Spyder Garage

Found this solution and it works, with patience

Solution 1 - you can't get the spring to go in:

To fit the spring you have to align the hole in the grip that the pointed end of the spring goes into with the slot in the bar that the bent part of the spring goes into. Normally the hole in the grip is about 20-30 degrees rotated away from the slot so you can't get the spring to fit in correctly. Shine a torch in the grip with the spring removed to see the hole and the slot and how they are misaligned.

So to get the hole the pointy bit goes into into to align with the slot you have to undo the grip control block assembly (the 4x3mm allen bolts) so the grip can be rotated forward. This aligns the hole and the slot so the sping will fit in both the inner hole and the outer slot. Then you rotate the grip assembly back to the upright position while making sure the spring doesn't come out and put the end cap back on and put the 4 bolts back in the grip block assembly.

Throttle should now have correct tension and not be dragging.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for giving us the solution Randy! :thumbup!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I had this problem when installing heated grips on my F3-T. The rheostat in the right grip assembly has a spring that provides adequate throttle return. I left the bar end spring out and noted much less fatigue in my right hand and wrist. Several thousand miles and no problems.
    Kid Doc
    2019 F3-T

All states and provinces visited solo on 2 wheels since 2006!