Spyder Garage

Default Camera System for Spyder RT

I looking for advice
    I'm thinking of putting a camera system so I can record the front and rear+

What has most had the best success with and how are you mounting it to the dash so it doesn't block the gauges

Spyder Garage

Do you really need to view the images or do you simply want to record them? Several systems out there where you mount cameras front and rear and the DVR can mount under the seat. I like the Innovv K2 myself.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

That's a good question, I'm not sure what I want
    I like gadgets and that's why i thought about mounting it on dash, so i can also use it as a backup cam

Spyder Garage

I installed a Blueskysea DV988 on my wife's 2012 RTs and on my 2020 RTL. I used Ram ball mount on the 2012 between the handle bars and I drilled and Tapped the aluminum cover over the bars on the 2020. Both are easy to see and operate as well as they look like a stock installation. My Spyders are in the toy hauler and in storage for the winter so I can't get pictures right away. I will try to post pictures when I can get them.

Spyder Garage

thank you

Spyder Garage

I also use the Innovv K2
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

can you watch it live from your phone

Spyder Garage

it looks like the unit has very small pig tail wires coming out of the side of unit, does it look ok mounted , dont want the wires to look out of place

Spyder Garage

On the 2020 RTL I was able to route the wires along side the factory wires next to the handle bars. The 2012 RTS I took off the black plastic on the bottom of the handle bars, drilled a hole in the plastic on the bottom side, bought a rubber grommet, and ran the wires inside the handle bar housing.

Spyder Garage

I also have the INNOVV K2 installed. I wanted it for documentation in case something happens that I want to keep record of. The video quality is outstanding and their customer service is fantastic. I lost some screws inside my RT-S and they sent me replacements right away. Highly recommended. Also, the dashcam viewer software works great. It shows Picture in Picture of front & rear along with a map at the same time.
    2014 RT-S , Circuit Yellow Metallic

Spyder Garage

I am working on the installation and powering of a small dash cam on our 2018 RTL. I have a two port USB/volt meter to go in a blank switch position and will power it for the GPS2 wire under the seat. This will be my first big tupper ware removal to get at that unused power source.

This camera has a battery that allows for a orderly close out of the video if it triggers it's G-Force video capture. And when the main power goes away it does an orderly shutdown. So with key switched power source it will come on automagically and shut down on its own.

I glued it to a shaped stiff foam piece and glued that to the top of the dash with Welder Glue, which is a rubbery glue similar to shoe glue. I use the Welders Glue on my RC airplanes for a lot of things.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ustomerReviews

Drats, sideways pictures again, however this time I found that if you scroll down on manage attachments you can delete photos, and start over!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    I am working on the installation and powering of a small dash cam on our 2018 RTL. I have a two port USB/volt meter to go in a blank switch position and will power it for the GPS2 wire under the seat. This will be my first big tupper ware removal to get at that unused power source.

This camera has a battery that allows for a orderly close out of the video if it triggers it's G-Force video capture. And when the main power goes away it does an orderly shutdown. So with key switched power source it will come on automagically and shut down on its own.

I glued it to a shaped stiff foam piece and glued that to the top of the dash with Welder Glue, which is a rubbery glue similar to shoe glue. I use the Welders Glue on my RC airplanes for a lot of things.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ustomerReviews

Drats, sideways pictures again, however this time I found that if you scroll down on manage attachments you can delete photos, and start over!

Well I have the USB outlet installed. I had to move it from the left hand position to the center as the handle bars were running into in a tight left turn. I need a right angle adapter or USB cable long term. Also need to turn the exposure down a little.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.