Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Looking for pop up storage shed suggestions

I don't have a garage/carport and won't be able to get one at my current house. (Next house WILL have one.) We don't get much of a winter here in the NC foothills but I'd like something small (8x8 or 10x10 max) to store my Spyder. I'm tired of covering it up after every ride and I try not to leave it out uncovered if I can help it.

I can't have a "permanent" building (which is why I can't have a carport or I'd have one built tomorrow). I know the Shelterlogic (fabric) type of "garage"/"sheds" aren't the longest lasting things but I'm thinking it might do well here. Not a heck of a lot of wind, very little snow for the most part and semi-shaded. I've been thinking of getting something like this in an 8x8 or at the most 10x10 size. It'll be on concrete so I can bolt it down. (What the city doesn't know, won't hurt them...or me. If it "looks" temporary, it must be, right? )

I only need enough room to park the bike (I have a 2021 RT base) and walk around it enough to load up the frunk/side bags and do a little maintenance. It won't be a "shop". I wouldn't mind just enough room to put a folding table in the front in case I need a temporary place to put tupperware or a few tools while I'm working on the bike. Nothing will be stored inside so no need for a lockable solution. I thought about one of those plastic garden sheds (I have one with a plastic floor I use to store misc stuff plus a push mower, etc) but I don't think the floor will hold the weight of a 1000# bike without collapsing.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Winter's coming and I'd like to find something soon.

HAGO!

Spyder Garage

I don't know what kind of plastic shed you mentioned, but I had my 2013 RTL parked in one of those sheds from Costco and the floor held up just fine.
    Yellow 2013RT SE5(Previous)
    Champagne Metallic 2017RT LTD SE6

Spyder Garage

Here is one that may work for you, http://www.thebikebarn.net/model_trike_roadster.html
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I rented a storage shed to keep my Spyder in for a year. I next bought an enclosed trailer and that is now my "garage". I keep it in the side of the house where I can drive the Syder out to the road.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

That’s the ticket right there. Buy a good all aluminum enclosed trailer. Use it for storage and travel if you want They never loose their value. In fact in the last couple years the value has gone up! I sold 2 different snowmobile trailers (very nice too!) and used them regularly and sold them for more than I purchased. That’s what I’d do! The other nice thing is you can always rent parking spot in storage area and leave the trailer with spyder inside there. Much cheaper than renting a storage garage. Land space is cheaper than building space. It’s like $15 a month around here vs $60 a month for a small storage garage.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I rented a storage shed to keep my Spyder in for a year. I next bought an enclosed trailer and that is now my "garage". I keep it in the side of the house where I can drive it out to the road.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My car is a 2019 Honda CR-V. It's not set up to tow and even if it was, the towing capacity is like 1500#. Interesting idea on the trailer but not going to work in my case. Thanks, though.

YIRIDEs idea might work but there might not be quite enough room to walk around. RayBJs idea might work, though. I've done my part to help Amazon "grow" but I didn't even think to look there.

Keep the suggestions coming, guys!

HAGO!

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Check with harbor freight. They have something in the 10'x10' portable shed lineup. It looks pretty nice and I think it would work for you. They have coupons with them on sale for as low as $99.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    My car is a 2019 Honda CR-V. It's not set up to tow and even if it was, the towing capacity is like 1500#. Interesting idea on the trailer but not going to work in my case. Thanks, though.

YIRIDEs idea might work but there might not be quite enough room to walk around. RayBJs idea might work, though. I've done my part to help Amazon "grow" but I didn't even think to look there.

Keep the suggestions coming, guys!

HAGO!
    i had one in chicago menards has those garages two or three different sizes

Spyder Garage

I had a ShelterLogic that lasted 8 years before the material started breaking down!

Spyder Garage

I had a shelter logic - the cover lasted maybe 3 years before it got some holes in the top from the sun. A replacement skin was around $100 but I had a permanent shed built.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm about to order this. We'll see how it holds up. I'm hoping to bolt it down to the concrete.

https://www.amazon.com/ShelterLogic-...0&sr=8-2&th=1#

Spyder Garage

Nice option. FYI, I have a 10x10 wooden shed for my 2020 RT. Wall & doors take 7 in from the 10 ft. I have about 6 in of space left even backing in on an angle and turning the front wheels squared up with the doors. If you planned to walk around the spyder, you may need the 12x12.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.

Spyder Garage
    F3S
    Black, with black stuff on it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    Nice option. FYI, I have a 10x10 wooden shed for my 2020 RT. Wall & doors take 7 in from the 10 ft. I have about 6 in of space left even backing in on an angle and turning the front wheels squared up with the doors. If you planned to walk around the spyder, you may need the 12x12.
    That leaves you with just over 8'6" of usable space inside. I was under the impression that the Spyders were about 60" (5') wide at the front tires. That should give you 18"+ on either side. Maybe I'm mistaken. Anyway, I'll look into the 12x12. It's over $100 more than the 10x10 but I might as well get something that I know will fit.

Anybody want to come over with a hammer drill and sink some bolts into my concrete pad? I'd hate to buy a hammer drill just to drill (4) holes and there isn't any place around here to rent one. Not even sure I'd know what I'm doing. Serious question.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just an aside about the bolts to secure the shed. My advice would be to get the female drive in anchors. That way
    you don't have studs sticking up when/if you don't have the shed deployed.

It's really easy to do, determine the thickness of your pad, determine where you want the anchors, then install the
    anchors. Any hardware/rental store should have a hammer drill to rent, cheap, and should take about 15 minutes. The
    main thing is to mark the drill, tape works well, so you don't drill too deep. The main reason to determine the thickness
    of your pad is to avoid drilling through it. LOL A good hammer drill and bit will go much quicker than you would think.

Once the holes are drilled, insert the anchor, and rap a few times with a hammer to set it. Easy peasy.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That leaves you with just over 8'6" of usable space inside. I was under the impression that the Spyders were about 60" (5') wide at the front tires. That should give you 18"+ on either side. Maybe I'm mistaken. Anyway, I'll look into the 12x12. It's over $100 more than the 10x10 but I might as well get something that I know will fit.

Anybody want to come over with a hammer drill and sink some bolts into my concrete pad? I'd hate to buy a hammer drill just to drill (4) holes and there isn't any place around here to rent one. Not even sure I'd know what I'm doing. Serious question.
    Take a look at the one that I mentioned from Harbor Freight. It looks just like the one that you have referenced on Amazon, and it is about 1/2 the price. They also have one that is 10'x17' and is still only $199, and that is before using a 20% off coupon.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

8' X 8' ..... nope .... your RT is at least 9.5 foot long ...... 10 X 10 minimum ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

My 10x10 walls are 3.5 in studded. With doors closed, the floor space is 9'5" square. I have the 2020 base RT - no topcase. If I pull in straight I have ~3 in gap. If angled in, ~6 in gap. Measure yours to be sure.

I would take a pic to show the fit but the weeble is in garage with all wheels off for Q5 change.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    8' X 8' ..... nope .... your RT is at least 9.5 foot long ...... 10 X 10 minimum ..... good luck .... Mike
    SERIOUSLY!? Did they increase the size that much from 2014 to 2021? My 2014 RTL measures 8'7" tip to tail.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    SERIOUSLY!? Did they increase the size that much from 2014 to 2021? My 2014 RTL measures 8'7" tip to tail.
    That was an estimate ...... but yours won't fit in that size box either ......

Spyder Garage

That was an estimate ...... but yours won't fit in that size box either ......
    I never said it would.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    I never said it would.
    " SERIOUSLY ".... ......

Spyder Garage

I'm about to order this. We'll see how it holds up. I'm hoping to bolt it down to the concrete.

https://www.amazon.com/ShelterLogic-...0&sr=8-2&th=1#
    thats the one i had works great feet have holes so u can mount to any surface

Spyder Garage

" SERIOUSLY ".... ......
    that was in response to your 9.5' "estimate" DUH.