Spyder Garage

Default 2012 Can Am Spyder RT SE5

Testing the waters on selling my 2012 RT SE5, silver color with 4890 miles. Asking 12,000.

Spyder Garage

FWIW, for those who might be putting a buying toe in the waters, in a slowly becoming not good selling season, some additional info might help potential buyers. For example, any farkles you've added, age of tires, etc. You're offering a very low mileage eight year old Spyder. Do you ride it frequently on short rides or has it been sitting? Some pics would be a big help.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

If you are posting it for sale that is one thing, if you are looking for feedback on the price its another. I would check nada and KBB for starters and see what they are showing. And it's getting late in the year, so that tamps down the market as well.
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just a data point, we bought a 2013 STS SM5 with 4200 miles back in September for $7200. Now this is the manual
    with no bags, just the STS, so that's makes a big difference. Like I said, just a data point.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    Just a data point, we bought a 2013 STS SM5 with 4200 miles back in September for $7200. Now this is the manual
    with no bags, just the STS, so that's makes a big difference. Like I said, just a data point.
    We're kind of in the same area and that seems like a smoking deal to me.
    I'm really new to Spyders (grain of salt) but have been looking pretty hard for the past month or so at the market locally and that would be a "go put money in his hand now" sort of price. I have an 08 GS SM5 and looking for anything comparable the only listing that was real for under 10k USD had +50k miles

If that was a friend you bought the bike from I would not be surprised. Last few recorded sales of any spider I can find around me are all +10k USD. I know they sell for less but they also sell for a way more at a dealer lot.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Actually we found the bike on CycleTrader, and it was at a dealer up in Nebraska. We came across the ad the day it
    was reposted, it had sold but the guy couldn't come up with the money so it went back on CycleTrader. Peggy called
    and gave them a credit card to hold the bike until we could come up and pick it up. Which we did the next day. He
    said they had two people call the same day we did, and three more people call before we picked it up. An ethical dealer
    for sure. Sometimes gives you a bit of faith that there are still good ones out there.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Another example for a selling point. There was a 2015 F3 SM6 locally that sold for $8900. The bike had 10k miles and a few extras. That was a great deal, and lasted about 24 hours.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Riding season is just about over for many people and selling may be a little harder. People are looking for deals when they can. And, deals can be found if one is very patient. My 2013 RT Limited was in OK from a private seller....7000 miles and $12k...I was the first to respond and bought it right away. Love it and the price was good for early summer when everyone is looking.

Spyder Garage

Bought a 2012 RTl in 3/20 3kmiles for 10k . 2014 RTS 9/20 with 30k for 10.5. I like em both!!
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Just bought a 2011 RT S w/2600 miles for $9000. Been looking for a while. Good deals do come up if you are patient. This is spyder #3. Also have a 2010 RS and a 2011 RSS...All SE5