Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

New to me too Idaho and I teach kids for a living but close to retirement. Never really got into the texting thing. Never heard of it either!

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's not a texting thing. The phrase (and abbreviation) has been around since the '70s, long before texting (or even cell phones).

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    New to me too Idaho and I teach kids for a living but close to retirement. Never really got into the texting thing. Never heard of it either!
    Many of the abbreviations used in texting actually have their origins in dial-up modem days and posting on bulletin boards (now called forums). Data allotments were precious and speed was slow, hence the use of abbreviations like ROFL, IMO, AFAIK, and hundreds of others.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)