Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for that we'll see.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by milryder View Post
    After having the round mirror for awhile is that still your choice over an oblong shaped mirror? I just ordered this mirror and hardware, can return it if I don't like it but I think your combo may work on my '21 RT.
    Yes, after I "stuck on" the convex blind spot mirrors to the round mirrors they work great. I have them adjusted so that I have a full view of what is going on behind and beside me. The factory mirrors are fine for distance and I use the round ones for lane changing.

As far as adjustment, rather than screwing the mirrors directly into the cuffs, I use a pair of offset adapter dog legs which allow mirror adjustment to almost any setting. These are in the 3rd picture above. In my case, I have them so that I can see the factory mirrors and these in the same glance. You can get the dog leg adapter from eBay or Amazon for $6-15 and IIRC, I think they come in different shapes and sizes. They should come with a ss screw to attach to the cuff and then you screw the mirror directly into the dog leg adapter. I used some blue thread lock on both.

I have almost 4000 miles on my '20 Spyder now and had only about 800 when I installed those mirrors - Would be hard for me to ride without them now.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    IIRC, WilcoJuno sold his mirrors due to lack of adjustability. For not much of an investment, I might try these .. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...EAAOSwK~da2Vg8
    Sold the Lamonster Big Eye mirrors due to lack of adjustment - still running the round mirrors.

Spyder Garage

Don't like my stock mirrors for distance as I see partly my hands in the mirror and there is still some shake after the "fix". Was hopeing the after market would be good for a wider better standard view. Will see when I get the gear.

Spyder Garage

To the ones who removed the stock mirrors after adding new ones on the bars.
    What did you cover the holes with where the OEM mirrors were?
    This might be an option for my F3. Thank you.
    Pam

2020 F3 T

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.
    Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.
    Dr. Seuss

2020 F3 T - Liquid Titanium

Previously owned
    - 2015 ST L
    - 1997 Suzuki Marauder VZ 800
    2015 ST L , Denim - matte

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by milryder View Post
    Don't like my stock mirrors for distance as I see partly my hands in the mirror and there is still some shake after the "fix". Was hopeing the after market would be good for a wider better standard view. Will see when I get the gear.
    I have mine adjusted so that I see the very end of my handlebars and the top edge of my side cases - it gives me points of reference. My factory mirrors now only vibrate at idle - I bought the Lamonster fix. Most bikes that I have owned in the past had mirror vibration at idle so not a big deal to me as I only use them at idle to check my six while sitting at lights.

Spyder Garage

The bolts I ordered for the Lamonster top cuff for mirror dog legs are 10mm. Obviously too big. There was another choice of 8mm. Is that the correct size?

Spyder Garage

Disregard my last.

Spyder Garage

Did BRP institute a fix for the mirror shake on the 2021's? I was fully expecting to have to deal with fixing the vibrating mirrors from everything I read here, but my 2021 Sea to Sky doesn't have any shake that I notice, I am perfectly satisfied with them. Did they fix the issue or am I lucky or just not very observant?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Did BRP institute a fix for the mirror shake on the 2021's? I was fully expecting to have to deal with fixing the vibrating mirrors from everything I read here, but my 2021 Sea to Sky doesn't have any shake that I notice, I am perfectly satisfied with them. Did they fix the issue or am I lucky or just not very observant?
    There was a factory fix available last fall for the 2020 so perhaps they incorporated the fix on the 2021s. Or, you may have one that simply doesn't vibrate.

I bought my 2020 in late September and my dealer told me the fix was on backorder. I waited for weeks and prodded my dealer often but mine vibrated horribly so I decided to buy the Lamonster fix ~$25 and fixed it myself in about 1/2 hour.

I never did get the factory fix. Sometimes I wonder if the factory fix might be what we used to call "vaporware" - I haven't heard of anyone that actually received the factory fix. I saw the video on it online, that was all.