Spyder Garage

Default Lost Battery Screw

So today I decided to disconnect my battery for the first time and add the tender. Evidently I bought the wrong tender and then when I was disconnecting it, lost one if the screws somewhere underneath the frunk. Argh. Anyone ever do this and successfully fish out the screw? Rookie mistake- next time I will make sure that I put something in that little gap to catch my fumbles. Also for those who use tenders what do you have? I ordered the wrong one off Amazom.

Spyder Garage

If you have a battery store nearby, stop by as ask for a screw/bolt. I believe most large cycle batteries use same size bolt.

As to tenders, I like Batter Tender Jr. Have had several for years that I use primarily in the winter.

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tende.../dp/B000CITK8S
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaR View Post
    So today I decided to disconnect my battery for the first time and add the tender. Evidently I bought the wrong tender and then when I was disconnecting it, lost one if the screws somewhere underneath the frunk. Argh. Anyone ever do this and successfully fish out the screw? Rookie mistake- next time I will make sure that I put something in that little gap to catch my fumbles. Also for those who use tenders what do you have? I ordered the wrong one off Amazom.
    .... I would stop at an Auto parts store and ask ( smile ) if they have one ..... they take in hundreds of batteries and probably has one you can have..... they only need the battery not the bolts ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

+1 for the Battery Tender brand. Why not buy from your local Cycle Gear or MC emporium instead of faceless, wealthy Amazon? Keep your local businesses in business. Don't complain when they are gone and Amazon is all that's left. That's their plan, you know.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaR View Post
    How is it the wrong tender? I have a double outlet Battery Tender Plus, but just bought a new Black and Decker battery maintainer to put on my diesel.
    Most maintainers will work, and many people have their favorites.

If you have a telescoping magnet you may be able to fish around and connect with it.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

on the magnet!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

PM me your address. I’ll send you one. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    PM me your address. I’ll send you one. Joe
    Some of us are gear heads and some of us aren't. Those of us who are, help out those of us who aren't.