Spyder Garage

Default F3 won’t shift back into 1st

I’ve just bought a 2020 F3 limited, I’ve found that during a ride if I pull over & put the bike in neutral & engage the parking brake I can’t shift back into 1st unless I shut the engine off or put in into reverse. Am I missing a step?

Spyder Garage

Did you have your foot on the brake when trying to put it into first gear? If not that's probably your issue.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

There is a quirk in the way BRP designed the shifting system for the 1330 ACE engine. If you put the Spyder in neutral and then attempt shift into Reverse you do not need to press the foot brake, just press the R button and tap the downshift lever. However, if you want to shift into 1st, as Ex-Rocket said, you must press the foot brake before trying to shift; it's a safety interlock. Why there's no foot brake safety interlock requirement to shift into R, I don't know. Perhaps BRP figures that having to press the R button to get into Reverse is enough of an attention getter that the individual behind the handlebars will t least be prepared to press the foot brake when backing.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S