Spyder Garage

Default What was your OTD cost for a 2021 RTL?

I am looking at a purchase of a 2021 RT-L chrome. The dealership is asking what I think is an unreasonable amount for "destination" and "setup" fees. Could anyone share what their OTD cost amounted to?

thanks for your input

Spyder Garage

I bought a 2020 RT last month. The freight charge was 695 and setup 395. And of course, our Governor & MVA took their cut as well. $23,000 OTD.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DingerD View Post
    I am looking at a purchase of a 2021 RT-L chrome. The dealership is asking what I think is an unreasonable amount for "destination" and "setup" fees. Could anyone share what their OTD cost amounted to?

thanks for your input
    When I bought my 14 RT, I found a dealer that ONLY added a small " paperwork " charge, over the MSRP cost .... No shipping, no set-up. Try IMotersports on the home page .... they are vendors here ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Destination and set up are an add on that a few of the "stealers" try to get. It should be part of the MSRP price, not an extra add on.

Taxes, license, and document fee (around $50--not $200 or so) should be the "norm" for add ons.

There are some threads that suggest how to deal on a purchase. Many techniques and suggestions...NOT ALL WILL WORK, with all dealers. The bottom line to make the best deal is to be flexible. Some things you get less, some things you get more.

The bottom line (OTD) price you get will vary depending on dealer, location, etc.

The recommendation about iMotorsports is a good one. I bought my last one there and was happy with the negotiated trade, accessories, and OTD price. I did not get "everything," but I felt we both ended up with a fair deal. PS. That included free delivery and pick up of my trade, right in my own back yard. If there is another in my future, they will most likely get another sale from me.

EDIT: Update...it turns out that there was another Spyder F3L in our future. We worked the final deal about a week ago. It's on the way. Spyder #7 for us. Thank you, iMotorsports.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-05-2021 at 09:08 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

2020 RTL Dark 3 weeks ago for $26,400 OTD... No trade...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DingerD View Post

thanks for your input
    For my 2020, the nearest dealer hemmed and hawed about finding what I wanted vs. what they had in stock. I Went to cycle trader online. Several dealers I contacted had no response. Final found on with what I wanted in stock. Great to work with. 500 miles away. 2020 RT-L chrome delivered to my driveway for $25k.
    2020 RT-L , Lamonster brake pedal riser Red

Spyder Garage

I got mine for 24,500 out the door on my 2020 Rt Limited in March.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I paid about $26k OTD on my 2021 (early) RT base a couple weeks ago. About $1500 of that was add'l stuff that I wanted to finance as part of the package (the loan interest rate was much less than my CC interest rate) so about $24.5 OTD on a base model. I'd guess $27 OTD on a Limited model would be about right although obviously better deals can be found as referenced above. My local dealer charged about $1200 in misc "fees" (destination, handling, personal lube, etc). iMotorsports would have waived those charges/fees but wanted me to put $7200 down. (I haven't needed a down payment in 30 years.) Without the down payment @ iMotorsports, I would have been at about $23.5 OTD on a 2020 RT base. I was willing to pay a little more to be able to inspect the bike before taking possession. This would have been more important had I been buying a 2020 as it was a 1st year model and I already knew of some possible factory defects like the zip tie/rear section thing. (I was less worried about this on a 2021 but I still spent 20 minutes going over the bike.)

Spyder Garage

There is a 2,000 dollar rebate on certain remaining 2020 models at this time. Doc fees, freight add on and any other adds other than taxes are fluff for the dealers. (I work at a dealer). Also be prepared to get your service done at the dealer of purchase, many times people will go 200 miles or more and brag about saving a few hundred dollars over a local smaller dealer. How much will be saved after a trip or two to get an oil change or warranty and service work. Fact is the small dealers can’t price the same as a large dealer with multiple locations, some have 6 or 8 stores and the buying power that goes with it. As a small dealer we pride ourselves on service and getting to know our customers. We back what we sale and do our very best to satisfy everyone.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    The recommendation about iMotorsports is a good one. I bought my last one there and was happy with the negotiated trade, accessories, and OTD price. I did not get "everything," but I felt we both ended up with a fair deal. PS. That included free delivery and pick up of my trade, right in my own back yard. If there is another in my future, they will most likely get another sale from me.
    We just ordered/received a 2020 RT Can-Am for my wife from Nancy at iMotorsports and the process was painless. She took great care of us and they delivered the bike to our RV, now in AZ. The whole thing was easier than buying from a local dealer which we did just a few months ago for my Can-AM. They paid the tax, sent in the registration, and transfer. It was a breeze. I highly recommend them and Nancy. The delivery was from Chicago to Arizona and was professional and timely. By ordering before Oct 31st, we got the $2000 off Promo and another $250 off ordering the rear trunk as an accessory. We bought from there based on a recommendation by Lamonster and I am happy we did.

Mels_2020_RT_3079-01.jpg Mels_2020_RT_3078-01.jpg
    Paul "Wingman" Metheney
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited

2020 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Got my 2021 RT Limited on 10/17. Payed cash 29,000 OTD. My tax rate was 6.5% the rest was dealer fees and the the rear RT panel I had them toss in.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WingmanRT View Post
    We just ordered/received a 2020 RT Can-Am for my wife from Nancy at iMotorsports...I highly recommend...Nancy.
    Sounds like I should have worked with Nancy instead of Mike.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I paid MSRP - $2K BRP instant rebate, plus living in Maryland expense (tax, tags, title, registration). $0 added for doc prep./transportation/setup.

From a small dealership in PA just over MD line.

About a 1 hour ride for me - mostly on windy back roads - fun ride. Mechanic is to notch and there sale person is first rate and knows Spyder's really well. Sales person went over the 2020Rt in detail at pickup. Surprised Battery tender hookup and display preset - first class business.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Sounds like I should have worked with Nancy instead of Mike.
    Just got a quote from Mike. I won't be trading up any time soon.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Just got a quote from Mike. I won't be trading up any time soon.
    Ask for Nancy. They gave us more than the local dealer for a trade in.
    Paul "Wingman" Metheney
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited

2020 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you dealt with Tammy and Ryan was the mechanic?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 0992 View Post
    Sounds like you dealt with Tammy and Ryan was the mechanic?
    Yes - a good and painless experience
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Where did you get your Aux Light?

Spyder Garage

I paid 23600 out the door for 2020 a few months ago.

Spyder Garage

Just like the automotive business, no two people drive off the lot for the same purchase price. I learned many years ago to walk in well armed with documents in a folder and knowing what I was going to pay ahead of time. DW and I always play good guy/bad guy roles. One wants it one does not want it. Make them work for your business and be willing to get up and walk out. If they ask to see your drivers license stand up and say sorry I will not play your game. I had a Toyota dealer do the drivers license hold on me years ago. Never again! If you just look at this thread and pick the lowest price in it, that should be one's starting point on what you are willing to pay. If year to year models are the same, then buying a left over earlier year is normally a good route.

In Sept 2015 we bought a 2015 3500 RAM truck with a 64,595 sticker for 53,545, as the 2016s were hitting the dealers.

Do your homework. Chris
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Not many will fudge on the 2021 model, some will. I feel like I got a better deal on a 2020 RTL Chrome with the 2000.00 rebate coupled with the fact that it was a older model. The best price I got was from Green Mtn Motorsports but I didn't purchase from them as they did not have the color I wanted. I did use their price to get a local dealer to match it though. They have a Asphalt and White in chrome and are willing to work with you and make a great deal.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I paid $24,500 OTD for my 2020 RTL Dark in March of 2020.

Contact these folks in Arkansas: https://www.jonesborocycle.com/ I understand they have some pretty good deals.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

2020 RT Dark purchased on 12/19. Added top case, heated seats, signature lights, aux light, and fender lights all by dealer OTD (bought it out of state)~$24K
    Subtract accessories, base price was 18,988 + garbage fees would have been about ~21K123_1(3).jpg

Spyder Garage

1 thing you can do, if you don't mind buying 1 with a few miles on it(less than 2K) is try to get a unit from a dealer that used it for the 3 wheel training course. You can get a decent discount. Still basically new as the riders are only on the practice/test course. Plus, that 600 mile 1st maintenance would have already been completed
    You should be able to negotiate the setup and docking fees since it is a used unit and they should eat the costs since they used it.
    The downside is that the warranty starts when they 1st use the unit for the course. So, you may lose a few months on that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Destination and set up are an add on that a few of the "stealers" try to get. It should be part of the MSRP price, not an extra add on.

Taxes, license, and document fee (around $50--not $200 or so) should be the "norm" for add ons.

There are some threads that suggest how to deal on a purchase. Many techniques and suggestions...NOT ALL WILL WORK, with all dealers. The bottom line to make the best deal is to be flexible. Some things you get less, some things you get more.

The bottom line (OTD) price you get will vary depending on dealer, location, etc.

EDIT: Update...it turns out that there was another Spyder F3L in our future. We worked the final deal about a week ago. It's on the way. Spyder #7 for us. Thank you, iMotorsports.
    Good to hear that. We are in negotiations and will let you know.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick