Spyder Garage

Default Anyone got their own BUDS software? Need DESS disabled.

Does anyone in Alabama have their own copy of the BUDS software? I'm starting to have DESS errors (again*) on my 2014 RT-S. One of the fixes is to disable DESS via BUDS, which is something the dealers won't do. If you've got it, I'm willing to meet up to get this done.

I'll be checking with my local dealer (Montgomery Powersports) to get the upgraded module which supposedly fixes the problem. $$$$. But disabling DESS is a simple, straightforward way to fix things.

Thanks!

* FTI, I've had my bike in to the dealer twice before on this. Both times, they reset the fault in the computer, patted me on the head and sent me on my way. This, despite the fact that the last time I specifically requested they replace the DESS module.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If the module has already been updated have them change the antenna for the DESS per the bulletin

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Baxter View Post
    Does anyone in Alabama have their own copy of the BUDS software? I'm starting to have DESS errors (again*) on my 2014 RT-S. One of the fixes is to disable DESS via BUDS, which is something the dealers won't do. If you've got it, I'm willing to meet up to get this done.

I'll be checking with my local dealer (Montgomery Powersports) to get the upgraded module which supposedly fixes the problem. $$$$. But disabling DESS is a simple, straightforward way to fix things.

Thanks!

* FTI, I've had my bike in to the dealer twice before on this. Both times, they reset the fault in the computer, patted me on the head and sent me on my way. This, despite the fact that the last time I specifically requested they replace the DESS module.
    FAILURE of the DESS module and or the antennae is a warranty issue. I would contact BRP and advise them your " Stealer " is screwing you over. ... Just because they cleared the codes and it started .... this WAS NOT A PROPER RE-PAIR - period.... it is a well reported fact that the Modules rarely Totally Fail ... the first few times they occur ..... but they never get better - period .... JC Thorne in Texas has the BUDS program in His laptop and has done this for others ....( takes less than 10 minutes ).... good luck ....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Baxter View Post

Might be worthwhile checking up on any 'Lemon Laws' your State might have about this sorta stuff?!?

For some, if you hafta take a vehicle back 3 times for the same issue then it qualifies as a 'Lemon' and you can either get your money back or a replacement machine.... If those laws apply for you, then reminding your dealer about them & any costs they might incur in satisfying you as a result of said laws could well do the trick! Heck, even reminding them that there ARE Lemon Laws (even if only in other States) & the potential costs of a court case to argue their application in this instance juuust might do the trick anyway?!! Probably worth doing some research tho, wouldn't you think?!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Spyderpops does it.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system