Spyder Garage

Default Overall width of 2021 RT?

Can anyone verify the overall width of the 2021 RT? This is my 2011 RT on my five and one half foot by 10 trailer. I have about 65 inches to work with. No problem for the 2011.

Will the 2021 fit? 5.5 x 10.0 feet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ride safe!

2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

From the 2021 owners manual. 1 554 mm (61.2 in)
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daz View Post
    Can anyone verify the overall width of the 2021 RT? This is my 2011 RT on my five and one half foot by 10 trailer. I have about 65 inches to work with. No problem for the 2011.

Will the 2021 fit? 5.5 x 10.0 feet.
    I also had a very tight situation, actually tighter than yours ...... ever been in a Car wash ??? .... the tracks on the floor keep the veh. exactly where it needs to be, you don't even have to hold the steering wheel ..... so I screwed down 2" X 2" boards, I shimmed the inside edges before screwing them down .... this gave them a slanted inside edge, so the tires wouldn't ride out of the channel ..... worked perfectly, I NEVER hit either side of the trailer ...... good luck ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike. I've done the same but used 5/4 decking that I split. Unfortunately after I scratched one fender on the first loading. I learned my lesson just a bit too late. So I may upgrade to a newer machine in the future and did not want to buy another trailer. That five and one half by ten aluminum trailer is so sweet to haul. Got rid of the big enclosed trailer.

So I guess the overall width never changed over the years. Good to know!
    Ride safe!

2018 Spyder RT Limited

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daz View Post
    Thanks Mike. I've done the same but used 5/4 decking that I split. Unfortunately after I scratched one fender on the first loading. I learned my lesson just a bit too late. So I may upgrade to a newer machine in the future and did not want to buy another trailer. That five and one half by ten aluminum trailer is so sweet to haul. Got rid of the big enclosed trailer.

So I guess the overall width never changed over the years. Good to know!
    Sorry to hear this, I'm afraid to make another suggestion. ..... However a friend of mine had the same dimension trailer ...... I have a welder and and after cutting small wedges from the outside of the uprights, we pushed the rails out 2 inches on both sides..... I then welded the cuts back together.... but you need the welder to do this ..... Mike