Spyder Garage

Default Another Recall, Same Issue

I saw this today on FB. Its another wheel nut recall, I thought they already addressed this crap. LINK: https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...Obl_VCf95_vV5E

2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

So what is different , did they re redesign the wheel nut ?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerRick View Post
    I saw this today on FB. Its another wheel nut recall, I thought they already addressed this crap. LINK: https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...Obl_VCf95_vV5E

Do a visual check to see if you have the redesigned nuts. If so it may not have been put in the BRP computer that it was done.

Spyder Garage

I did check and it has the new style nuts. When I enter my vin # its on the new recall. I guess its possible that they didnt enter the info, or its possible these new nuts have the same problem.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

They should just make the nuts out of steel and be done with it.

Spyder Garage

it seems its just a problem with some dealers .. if they installed it in the right way ?!?
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

I had the nut recall done last year on our 2019 Ryker and it shows no recalls. Our 2020 Ryker that was purchased last month has the recall to check the torque and red clips. I know that the red clips are there, but I will still have to take it in to the dealer so that they can check the torque and clear the recall.
    2022 RT , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

You mean to tell me that after THE BIG RECALL of the 2019 wheel nut issue, BRP dropped the ball again. The red clip issue is a simple up close visual double check. The torque check problem could have been from some torque wrench(s) that had a pass due date for calibration. Maybe the new dude never locked in the torque handle after setting it, if he ever did set it at all. Many possibilities here. As my old boss in the mechanical QC department would say "UNBELIEVABLE".

Spyder Garage

I have a 2019 Ryker Rally.. the wheel nut safety recall was done last year.. i just typed in my vin and I dont have any new recalls.