Spyder Garage

Default Need Handlebars - Not sure Size

I have my footpegs in position +1 (position 4) which is working well for me. However, the handlebars are too far away and not a good height for despite me being "taller". I am female, 5'7". My boyfriend is 5'8". When he sits on the Spyder, his arms have a nice bend and the handlebars are a nice height. When I'm on it (and it's mine) the bars are too far away and the height isn't good.

I've taken pics of us both on it. You can see that our legs line up at around the same place. I guess my torso is taller than his which is why my arms have no bend and the bars are not a good hieght for me. I'm trying to figure out what bars to buy which are affordable (Heli are too expensive).

I'm thinking I may need a riser AND the short reach bars. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I dunno Wayward, I reckon that JUST a set of risers would solve your 'handlebar fit' problems.

Most risers I've seen don't just lift the bar bracket straight up vertically; they raise it UP & BACK a little too - and many can be angled BACK even more if you want.

So I reckon that if you fit a set of risers, even just 2-3" risers, you could angle them back at the same rake as the steering shaft, or possibly juuust a tad more, to give yourself maybe as much as 1" lift & a similar or slightly more pullback & solve your handlebar 'fit' problems completely.

Faffing around with both bars and risers and trying to lift with ons & shorten your reach with the other would just add a degree of complexity which, going by those pics, simply isn't warranted. Just Sayin'
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Wayward: if those are OEM bars, then a Short Reach OEM would benefit you. I put a set on my F3 and they are perfect. I'm 5' 10', with a fairly short reach. FWIW, the bars are an easy change.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

I recommend the Can Am Short Reach Bars. I just put them on my F3L and my wife's F3S. She is 6' but the reach had her arms almost straight out and they could not be tilted down because in a hard left turn the handle bar controls would hit the gas tank panel. Keep an eye out for them in the For Sale by Buyer section. I got both of my sets from there and only ended up paying $100.00 each for an item from BRP which is $159.99 + tax.

Good luck
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

By looking at your photo you seem to be leaning back into the back rest...if it is a BRP back rest it is adjustable forward and back with a allan wrench...by adjusting the back rest forward that will bring you closer to the handle bars ...
    Col
    2017 F3s-Daytona...After market top-box,- Diy Sports rack,- Diy Windshield & brackets - Sena 20s,- Shad side cases,- Drivers backrest,- 660 Garmin,- Altimate floor boards, - Diy Belt Guard, - Sinister Exhaust,