Spyder Garage

Default Parts/Accessories for 2012 RSS

I am looking to buy the following for a 2012 RSS

Lamonster highway brackets and pegs
    Handlebar risers(Rivco, NMN, or any other)
    Ultimate seat(reduced reach preferred)with driver backrest
    Clutch reservoir cover

Please let me know if you have any of these for sale.
    Thanks.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyms54 View Post
    I am looking to buy the following for a 2012 RSS

Lamonster highway brackets and pegs
    Handlebar risers(Rivco, NMN, or any other)
    Ultimate seat(reduced reach preferred)with driver backrest
    Clutch reservoir cover

Please let me know if you have any of these for sale.
    Thanks.
    I bought NEW risers for 11 RSS at .... denniskirk.com .... ( about $ 73.00 in in different heights ) they arn't " ROX ". type in part #'s 5902325 and 595894 ..... there are other sizes ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I bought NEW risers for 11 RSS at .... denniskirk.com .... ( about $ 73.00 in in different heights ) they arn't " ROX ". type in part #'s 5902325 and 595894 ..... there are other sizes ..... Mike
    On the 595894 would I not have to cut the bars to do that riser and if so, would there be enough room left in the bars to fit what would be needed?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

On the 595894 would I not have to cut the bars to do that riser and if so, would there be enough room left in the bars to fit what would be needed?
    What I did was to buy a short piece of - Ridged Heavy Duty copper tubing,( I think this is type" M " but ask ) at HomeDepot. I can't remember the diameter () so take the riser with you ( with the spacers ) and see what fits best. You could also try black steel plumbing pipe ( probably cheaper ). You put the risers on that and then add the OEM handlebars. ... On both my V-twins there was enough controls wiring to allow a 4 in. riser .. you will have to cut some " wireties " in order to get the slack in the wires out..... not hard, just be careful. This type of riser will allow the handles bars to go up and come back towards you ( or forward ). .... These Risers are also much stronger than you need for your Spyder .... they were designed for Snow-mobiles which are waaaay harder to turn than wheels..... the part numbers I sent you were for 4in. risers they make shorter and longer ones.... but I think 4in. is the max for your Spyder.... PS, if you choose the copper pipe it's plenty strong enough for the job ..... good luck ....Mike .... 9 or so years back there were pics on this process on the Forum, so a search may be help-ful

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    What I did was to buy a short piece of - Ridged Heavy Duty copper tubing,( I think this type" M " but ask ) at HomeDepot. I can't remember the diameter () so take the riser with you ( with the spacers ) and see what fits best. You could also try black steel plumbing pipe ( probably cheaper ). You put the risers on that and then add the OEM handlebars. ... On both my V-twins there was enough controls wiring to allow a 4 in. riser .. you will have to cut some " wireties " in order to get the slack in the wires out..... not hard, just be careful. This type of riser will allow the handles bars to go up and come back towards you ( or forward ). .... These Risers are also much stronger than you need for your Spyder .... they were designed for Snow-mobiles which are waaaay harder to turn than wheels..... the part numbers I sent you were for 4in. risers they make shorter and longer ones.... but I think 4in. is the max for your Spyder.... PS, if you choose the copper pipe it's plenty strong enough for the job ..... good luck ....Mike .... 9 or so years back there were pics on this process on the Forum, so a search may be help-ful
    I appreciate it.

Spyder Garage

I cut the bars on my 2010 RSS and had room for extra "stuff" Blow this pic up and you can see a little better. I used bicycle leather wrap and end caps for a finished look. Ram Mounts are your best friend!!!20170202_113101.jpg20170102_094824.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Am View Post
    I cut the bars on my 2010 RSS and had room for extra "stuff" Blow this pic up and you can see a little better. I used bicycle leather wrap and end caps for a finished look. Ram Mounts are your best friend!!!20170202_113101.jpg20170102_094824.jpg
    Yeah I wasn't planning on cutting my bars at all and was going to try a Winn grip on the uncut bars. Possibly was looking at hanging my speakers from them. I do like your set up with the half cut bars as well. Thanks.