Spyder Garage

Angry Com'on man! (BRP)

I love my Spyder, but BRP is so clueless. Mirror housing literally falls of my 2019 F3 T while riding, gone. After three different dealerships gave me conflicting part numbers for the replacement, I finally find the right one and it is backordered from BRP. I wait 4 months for it to ship, (prepaid of course) and yesterday I receive it in the mail (USPS) in a cheap plastic wrap envelope with no padding. Miraculously, no damage. Excited to finally get my baby back together, I realize that it is missing the retention clips, so no go. Called the dealership that placed the order, guy takes 20 minutes to look up the part, and informs me that these 3 little metal clips will cost $82, when the mirror housing cost $46! I said, "Pal, that cannot be the right part/price, and after consulting other techs in the service dept. he says, "Yeah, it costs $8 and will be a couple of weeks for us to get it in. We won't take a credit card for charges less than $10, so you will need to come IN PERSON to the dealership and pay me cash before I can place the order."
    Unbelievable. Owned a Harley and that dealership bent over backward anytime I needed help with the smallest problem.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boz329 View Post
    I love my Spyder, but BRP is so clueless. Mirror housing literally falls of my 2019 F3 T while riding, gone. After three different dealerships gave me conflicting part numbers for the replacement, I finally find the right one and it is backordered from BRP. I wait 4 months for it to ship, (prepaid of course) and yesterday I receive it in the mail (USPS) in a cheap plastic wrap envelope with no padding. Miraculously, no damage. Excited to finally get my baby back together, I realize that it is missing the retention clips, so no go. Called the dealership that placed the order, guy takes 20 minutes to look up the part, and informs me that these 3 little metal clips will cost $82, when the mirror housing cost $46! I said, "Pal, that cannot be the right part/price, and after consulting other techs in the service dept. he says, "Yeah, it costs $8 and will be a couple of weeks for us to get it in. We won't take a credit card for charges less than $10, so you will need to come IN PERSON to the dealership and pay me cash before I can place the order."
    Unbelievable. Owned a Harley and that dealership bent over backward anytime I needed help with the smallest problem.
    It has also been my experience with these “dealerships” that educating their personal is definitely not a priority....sorry to hear of your frustration .......hang in there.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boz329 View Post
    IMHO , I would just put a few dabs of clear silicone and be done with it .... good luck .... Mike PS, I'll bet the reason they are back-logged that long .... because there are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many falling off ...... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-18-2020 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Fixed PS display - removed GMap. ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Suggest u check out Lamonster garage - they offer robust replacement mirror housing/cover clips - shouldn't ever fall off again with these clips
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Don't waste your time with the clips, they won't hold it on! Go ahead and spend $109.00 on the Lamonster Magic Mirrors! I just went through this!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhartjr View Post
    Don't waste your time with the clips, they won't hold it on! Go ahead and spend $109.00 on the Lamonster Magic Mirrors! I just went through this!
    with getting Mirror Magnets .......... however that isn't what the OP is having an issue with ...... jmho .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhartjr View Post
    I don't think those work for the F3 mirrors!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Any auto parts store will sell those clips. They are the same clips used to hold a gm grill on.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

This video may help and is at least on topic. Go to the source!
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/

Spyder Garage

BRP has a free kit for converting the clip-on mirror mounts to bolt-ons.
    It's available from their dealers and the service depts should install for free too.

Mirror Kit comprises

BRP#708400550 (4 pieces)
    BRP#207551044 (4 pieces)
    BRP#232561200 (4 pieces)

There are sufficient parts in the kit to fix both mirrors. Works for 2020 onwards RTs and most F3 models.
    Michael G
    2023 Nitro Blue Ryker 900 Sport
    2023 900 Sport , Nitro Blue

Spyder Garage

I see from your history that you have a 2019 F3Limited. Have you contacted Ann and Joe Meyer about your problem?? Seems like the wegies that they sell for ~ $25.00 might rectify your problem. Worth contacting them to ask your question prior to sinking more $$$'s into your problem.

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White