Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2020+ RT handlebar wiring...where are those zip ties?

Wondering where the zip ties are that you need to clip in order to stretch the handlebar wiring when installing taller bars. Pics would be helpful. Local dealer will do this next weekend but said he's never done it on an RT and I want to point him in the right direction so nothing gets damaged.

HAGO!

Spyder Garage

I'm Truly not trying to be facetious here, but those zip ties are the ties that hold the bundle of wires to the base of the handlebars - anyone taking the handgrips off the bars & following the wires back under the tupperware will find them, they are 'unmissable'!! If your dealer &/or tech has trouble finding them, then DO NOT EVER shake their hand, cos you'd hafta seriously doubt they'd be able to find their behind to complete the paperwork!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Here's the thread by stebrock that I got the instructions from:
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ight=handlebar

Here's a snip from that thread: All credit goes to stebrock!

If you remove the right hand speaker cover next to the glove box, you'll find the zip tie. The speaker cover comes off super easy, but you have to be careful. You remove it by pinching with your fingers and gently pulling up on the inside portion. You'll see the mounting tabs and how to reinstall. Underneath the speaker cover is obviously, the speaker. However, the speaker can't be removed easily because of the plastic dash and the speaker is located inside of a plastic housing that partially blocks access to the wire harness.

The harness runs underneath the handlebars. The left side wires route to the right side, and the right and left side harnesses are zip-tied together on the right side. The zip tie is anchored to the frame by way of a plastic and metal clip that I couldn't easily dislodge. I cut the zip tie using a long bladed scissor. This must be done SUPER carefully so you don't nip the wires. However, once done you can gently pull enough slack wire to finish the job.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

I've replaced my handlebars on my 2020 RT Limited and never cut any zip ties. There's enough slack that you can just pull out the wires an inch or two. I never removed the speaker cover either.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    I've replaced my handlebars on my 2020 RT Limited and never cut any zip ties. There's enough slack that you can just pull out the wires an inch or two. I never removed the speaker cover either.
    You were lucky. My wires barely reached and were under a little stress after cutting the tie. That was with the Reduced Reach bars; The F3 bars may have reached without adjusting the harness.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I installed Attitude bars yesterday. I actually needed just a tiny bit of extra wiring. I gently tugged on one of the wiring bundles and couldn't get it to move. I left it out of one of the wiring clips. It still turns fine both directions so I didn't worry about it but I know I'll need more wiring for the F3 bars.

Spyder Garage

I put F3T bars on my 20 and they were fine.No extra wire needed.I did insert the controls back into the bars before I attached them.It was a stretch to get them in otherwise but once in the bars no problem.Those bars fit fine.

Spyder Garage

To clarify,I put the controls into the bars before I mounted the bars back on.After had plenty wire to adjust bars fore and aft with no issues.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I installed Attitude bars yesterday. I actually needed just a tiny bit of extra wiring. I gently tugged on one of the wiring bundles and couldn't get it to move. I left it out of one of the wiring clips. It still turns fine both directions so I didn't worry about it but I know I'll need more wiring for the F3 bars.
    Do you have a picture of the Attitude bars on your RT? I'd love to to see it.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just saw this. I'll get a pic tomorrow evening. All you'd see tonight is.........nighttime.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here ya go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Thanks, they look good. Would you say the the grip height and distance from you is similar to stock, but the wrist angle is significantly changed?
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd say that's about right. The inside of the grips (where the grips meet the bars) are probably a little bit higher and the grip ends are probably about the same as stock. The grip angle is great. If I didn't want the grips a little higher, I'd keep these on and be happy. Much better than stock.