Spyder Garage

Thumbs down Can you believe it ?

Asked local dealer about fitting car tyre to rear of my F3T yesterday. No chance but they will fit a standard rear, cost, $480 !!
    Shame because they have been good up to now.

Spyder Garage

Yes I can believe it. Many of us have been thru the same experience. That is only one of the reasons many of us have learned to remove our rear wheels and take them to a local tire shop to mount a tire for us.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BazF View Post
    Asked local dealer about fitting car tyre to rear of my F3T yesterday. No chance but they will fit a standard rear, cost, $480 !!
    Have you considered removing that wheel your-self ???? .... most tire repair places can put any auto tire on the wheel ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I pulled the wheel off and took it to a tire repair place. They mounted the tire and gave me a hand full of stick on weights for $10. Can't beat that deal. They did not even ask what the wheel went on.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

I have considered doing it and am capable. I am leaving on a trip next week and was sort of considering having it done for me, I have a lot on my plate just now. My comment was on the ridiculous charge to fit a tyre.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BazF View Post
    I am assuming this is the Australian dollar. When converted to US dollars it's $340.00. Still a bit high. But a bit better. I wonder if they know how to do the change without the need to adjust the drive belt. If they intend to do this as well, the price is more in line. But that is an unnecessary step. You might ask them about this. You might be able to get another $100.00 off the price.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Yes to your answer. Many above are now using alternate solutions.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-18-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Finally changed all 3 tyres myself, Kumho tyres. Total cost, $480 same as dealer quote for 1 Kenda. First time for me, Rear, 2 1/2 hours to remove, 2 hours to replace. Did not disturb belt adjustment.

Spyder Garage

Thank goodness my local dealer ( Michaels Powersports of Reno) will put on any tire I bring in------------- But on the other hand --------- They charged a lady acquaintance and member of BattleBorn Spyders over $600 to do the front sprocket of her F-3

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    They charged a lady acquaintance and member of BattleBorn Spyders over $600 to do the front sprocket of her F-3

Lew L
    That's about 2x too much. I asked my local dealer about the exact same thing last week (I was interested in getting the late 2021 front sprocket on my RT). They said it would take about 2 hours labor (~$200) plus the part (~$100). They even said the biggest part of that labor cost was to readjust the belt.