Spyder Garage

Default Vacuum lines - what size and length?

I bought a 2010 RT SM5 this year and love it . It has a clunk when I put it in gear So I did a clutch flush but no change. Also wanted to check the spark plugs and broke the air box removing it so I put JTs air cleaner on it and the 2013 side vent kit on and the Spyder seems to like it.
    I am going to replace the vacuum lines with silicone ones can anyone tell me what sizes and length's to get so I have them Thanks .

Spyder Garage

They are small and short. You'll only need a few inches. Best to just pull them off and have them matched at the parts place you use. If you have the JT air cleaner setup. You won't have to remove much to get to them.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

NAPA Silicone hose Part #H466. It'll be long enough to share with all your friends. I gave my excess to the Squared Away folks.

Spyder Garage

pm with ur address me ill throw the napa hose in the mail ...you'll need to cut to length....the brp hoses are like $12 each if u want to buy from dealer
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

RT Larry-have you figured out the clunk?
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Larry & Dave, that 'clunk' on your initial gear selection is a normal feature of our Spyders - it's the 'not yet turning' output side of the constant mesh gearbox engaging with the 'already running' engine side driven components. So unless it's REALLY aggressive (think like.. throw you off the seat type 'aggressive' ) then it's unlikely to be any issue at all/ever. Altho, if your 2010 clutch has every been replaced/worked on, there's a pretty good chance you'll have had the original 2010 clutch plates replaced with the 'upgraded' clutch plates that came out in about 2013 which are stronger & more able to withstand this 'clunking' & the shock loads - but in doing that, they do happen to tend to make the 'clunk' juuust a little worse/more noticeable!!

Still, it's not a biggie, you should learn to love it as an indicator that your Spyder is such a feat of engineering.... And if it really gets to you, you can probably 'minimise' it by spending a little more time warming things up before engaging a gear; or you can try a different weight Motorcycle Oil that's suitable for 'wet clutches' & constant mesh gearboxes.... but if they're being truly honest with themselves & everyone else, no-one has yet managed to completely remove this clunk from their Spyders &/or any other machine that runs a similar style wet clutch/constant mesh gearbox arrangement! It's simply the nature of the beast showing how different/strong it is - just like square cut gears make more noise than helical cut gears, but are size for equal size, generally somewhat stronger for all the extra noise!

Ride More, Worry Less! But do replace the vacuum lines!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the "CLUNK" explanation it makes sense as I learn more about my SPYDER.

Spyder Garage

The hoses are about 4" long. It's more important to have the lengths exactly the same.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!