Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Front brake line connection plate @ wheel location?

I don't know what it's called but I attached a pic of each side for reference.

Anyway, I removed the fenders on my 2021 RT to add some TricLED lights (I want everyone to see me). I thought I looked at everything before I unbolted the fenders but I guess not. The left side brake bracket fit under the fender arm without a problem. Then I spent an hour trying to get the right side brake bracket under the fender arm. Only problem is there's a tab on that one and it woudn't fit. Judging by the circular marks on the brake bracket (I can only assume were made by the bolt heads), I think the brake bracket is supposed to go OUTSIDE the fender arm.

I'm planning a 250 mile break-in trip tomorrow and since we're talking about brakes, I want to make sure I'm not about to jack anything up. Are both brake brackets supposed to be on the inside of the fender arm, outside of same or do I actually have them right with one inside and one outside? I can take 10 minutes swapping one side or the other in the morning before I leave but that right side just isn't fitting under the arm.

(NOTE: "inside" = between the fender arm and mount/"outside" = the fender arm is sandwiched between the brake bracket and mount)

What say you?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I don't know what it's called but I attached a pic of each side for reference.

Anyway, I removed the fenders on my 2021 RT to add some TricLED lights (I want everyone to see me). I thought I looked at everything before I unbolted the fenders but I guess not. The left side brake bracket fit under the fender arm without a problem. Then I spent an hour trying to get the right side brake bracket under the fender arm. Only problem is there's a tab on that one and it woudn't fit. Judging by the circular marks on the brake bracket (I can only assume were made by the bolt heads), I think the brake bracket is supposed to go OUTSIDE the fender arm.

I'm planning a 250 mile break-in trip tomorrow and since we're talking about brakes, I want to make sure I'm not about to jack anything up. Are both brake brackets supposed to be on the inside of the fender arm, outside of same or do I actually have them right with one inside and one outside? I can take 10 minutes swapping one side or the other in the morning before I leave but that right side just isn't fitting under the arm.

(NOTE: "inside" = between the fender arm and mount/"outside" = the fender arm is sandwiched between the brake bracket and mount)

What say you?
    On my 2020 the bracket is outside the arm as shown in your 2nd picture of the right side. Would assume 2020 and 2021 are same.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Heck of a way to make an entrance, bro. Welcome to SL and thanks. Looks like I need to unbolt a fender in the morning before I head out.