Spyder Garage

Wink Fitted Cruise Control on base 2020 F3

Hello, a big thanks to those who have posted about installing cruise on a base F3! Big thanks to Frankie69 for the pictures on the install. Just wanted to share the news, by adding just the RH switch with the “magic” cruise option, you can have cruise on your F3 Spyder for under $250.00! Takes a bit to remove all the parts to route the wire, but is plug and play! Thanks again to the advice and input on this install, like having a new bike!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for confirming it is still possible on the base 2020 F3. Is the switch part number the same 710004583 like it was for my 2017 F3? Now that you have done it, any tips or advice for those considering adding the switch?

Spyder Garage

Yes, number 710004583 is still the same. Removing lower side panel easy, watch the plastic clip on top panel close to tank! Speedometer clip was not easy to remove, watch clip when you put it back together ( broke mine!) but still fits! The top panel just takes time, keep track of what parts goes where! The routing and wire wrap took awhile, take your time. Feel once you have it completed, time and effort pays off, really enjoy having the cruise control for about $250.00. Any questions, message me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don60 View Post
    Hello, a big thanks to those who have posted about installing cruise on a base F3! Big thanks to Frankie69 for the pictures on the install. Just wanted to share the news, by adding just the RH switch with the “magic” cruise option, you can have cruise on your F3 Spyder for under $250.00! Takes a bit to remove all the parts to route the wire, but is plug and play! Thanks again to the advice and input on this install, like having a new bike!
    As I trace the wiring from the handlebars to the plugs, the wiring splits into two plugs. The new cruise module ends in one plug. I’m stuck. Can someone direct me to “frankie69” and his pictures?

Spyder Garage

Default Fitting cruise control on 2019 f3

Quote Originally Posted by Don60 View Post
    As I trace the wiring from the handlebars to the plugs, the wiring splits into two plugs. The new cruise module ends in one plug. I’m stuck. Can someone direct me to “frankie69” and his pictures?2935DEF9-052D-46D6-A30C-0BE9DF81811E.jpg

Spyder Garage

I'm going from memory (did this mod 3 years ago) but I do remember there were two connectors at the end of the new cruise switch. One went in/near the harness near the ECU and other fit further down. Are you saying your new switch only has one rectangular connector? I'll watch the thread and take pics when I can (I'm away from home at the moment).

Spyder Garage

Sorry, don’t have any pictures, but when I did my install, only had one wire to plug in. There are two wires running in the wrap going down to where it plugs in! Once you remove old switch from your handle bars, you will be able to see what I am talking about. Take your time, a lot of stuff to remove to do install, but well worth the time when you hit the new cruise button. Keep trying to get hold of frankie69, his pictures helps you see how wire runs down to plug in. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

Wanted to add to post. Once you engage the cruise control, there is a small icon that appears above the digital speed reading. Really not that big of deal, cruise switch is either on or off on handlebar! Wanted to share for those looking at this upgrade, so worth the money and the time taken to install.