Spyder Garage

Default Need some quick advice!

I'm taking my F3T to NC this weekend, on my open utility trailer. I have a new Ultimate seat, which I don't want to get wet, if I run into a rain storm or two along the way. Since the seat is very easy to remove, I was thinking of popping it off and putting it in the back seat of my truck. Would I be risking any problems with the bike getting rained on with no seat installed? I'm thinking it would be fine, but what do I know? You all always have good advice. Besides, you know if I prepare for rain, it won't!
    -Carsong
    2018 F3t
    2018 F3T , Position 5/ full size Matt Black

Spyder Garage

I guess you did not get a rain cover from Ultimate with your set. I understand RT Ultimate seats come with a rain cover.

If you're worried about risking some electrical circuitry, tape a heavy garbage bag or some other type of plastic sheet over the seat mounting area.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I do have the rain cover. I was just concerned that it would get blown off. I haven't tried to put it on yet, but the one I had for my Gold Wing wasn't that great. I was thinking of duct taping a plastic sheet over the open section with the exposed electrics. The Ultimate seat on my Gold Wing got drenched on one of my trips, and it was never quite the same, afterwards.
    -Carsong
    2018 F3t
    2018 F3T , Position 5/ full size Matt Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I thought that when you take your Spyder for a ride, ITS wheels are supposed to be turning,
    not the wheels on a trailer under it.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Covering the seat itself maybe fine, please do not trailer with full or half cover the wind flutters will cause covers to act like sand paper scuffing anywhere it can

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Wrap the seat in some of that plastic wrap used in packaging stuff for shipping and then put it back on. You can always cut a piece of cardboard to bungie down on top of the seat if you are concerned about the plastic blowing off, but you see pallets of goods on the back of the 18 wheelers going down the Interstate highways at 80 MPH wrapped in that plastic and it stays on.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Trailered my F3Ltd to Ormond area 3 weeks ago to have my Ultimate seat installed & wired, they did a great job for me. Towed it home to Atlanta area and it rained on exposed seat. got the bike unloaded and just wiped it all down. I do believe the ride on rain cover for the seat would have blown off while trailering, it's a cross between a shower cap and FroggToggs. The ride on cover is meant for when the bike is parked in direct sun for UV protection or when I am riding in rain to keep all that water that pours off me out of the foam. Great seat, very comfortable, they ran heat up the backrest for my lovely wife and she is also pleased. I tell her the small pouch on the driver backrest is the most expensive purse she owns.