Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2020+ RT knee area padding recommendations?

Took the new RT out for a spin yesterday. Short trip but I realized that I could use a bit of padding on the areas where your knees push against in curves. I'm thinking some sort of adhesive backed neoprene (needs to be waterproof/water resistant) but before I try to source that, get the wrong size, spend too much, etc, I wanted to see if this is something that's been thought of before. (No sense in reinventing the wheel.) I'd think .250" thickness would be enough but maybe more (or less) is appropriate. Perhaps one of our vendors already makes something like a tank protector type thing (I've seen these for the F3s and Rykers) but with more padding that could be adapted.

I'd appreciate your thoughts/suggestions.

HAGO!

Spyder Garage

Look at the snakeskin product. Not sure if they make anything specifically for the Spyder, But it I think what you are looking for.
    2018 Spyder ST Limited , Asphalt Gray

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not sure how snakeskin would help.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I guess it would depend on why you're actually wanting to use it. Snakeskin is to allow you to grip the surface with your knees. Sounds
    like you want padding more than grip.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Guess I should have clarified. I'm not concerned with grip. I definitely need padding.

Spyder Garage

Check out some of the different tank pads available on Ebay or even Amazon. Several types are pretty thick and offer some cushion. These I have on my Moto Guzzi are almost a quarter inch thick and do make a difference. Snakeskins are a quality product, but more useful for paint protection than they are for helping tender knees.....................like mine.

2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks. My knees have been bad for decades. I can't kneel on the ground and even the sides of them are pretty tender.

lstaynar---My apologies. When you mentioned "snakeskin", I thought you were referring to the organic material that slithery creatures shed every so often. I didn't know you were referring to the bumpy/textured/rubbery material you stick on a motorcycle. My bad.