Spyder Garage

Question Handlebar to wheel alignment question

I have a new 2021 F3-S.

The alignment between the riser/handlebars and the tracking of the front wheels are not quite aligned.
    The handlebars are off about 8-10 degrees
    It's not a show stopper and when driving I don't even notice it because the handlebars are effectively always in motion.

I would just like to understand the mechanics of getting the wheel tracking and steering true.
    Would someone with knowledge speak to this.

I don't intend on bringing the bike to the dealer for this, at least not address it until the first service.
    Right now I'm having challenges putting trust in the the dealer. (another thread maybe)

Thanks all
    F3S
    Black, with black stuff on it.

Spyder Garage

Depending upon how quickly you will accumulate your first 3K miles you may want to take it to the dealership now because it takes the B.U.D.S. system to reset the steering angle sensor. FWIW, with handlebar angle off I'd be curious about the alignment if it were my new bike.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

JayBros, thanks for your comment.

The bike rides smooth, no issues other than the handlebars being a little crooked. Just a little.

I just read the alignment procedure in the service manual which states that the alignment begins with placing the handlebars straight, measuring to ensure they're straight and then securing them.
    So yes its part of the alignment however as I said it's ok for now.

I will get in to the dealer to speak with the service dept. My trust level is low right now.
    When I picked up the bike the Pre-Delivery Checklist wasn't filled out or signed. The front tires had 40lbs in them, the rear under-inflated.
    Just yesterday the person that purchased my trade-in from the dealer came knocking on my door asking if I had anything that would go with that bike. WTF How did he find out who I was and where I lived???
    Maybe not the dealer but wow.
    F3S
    Black, with black stuff on it.

Spyder Garage

Get a laser alignment and your handlebar issue will get solved as part of it, along with a proper alignment that most dealers cannot do. Most simply do not have the tools.

Check out spydercomfort.com for a list of Rolo Laser Alignment shops including dealers that have the capability.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame