Spyder Garage

Default Spyder F3-S Power outlets near ignition, can I use it as USB charging port?

Hello there,

New member and owner of a 2020 Spyder F3S here.
    I need help if anybody can be of assistance.
    20201013_214404.jpg
    20201013_214508.jpg
    20201013_214539.jpg
    I've been looking around and can't find an OEM charging port that would work on the two accessory ports that's right by the side of the ignition key as seen on the picture, I only found ones for the frunk and passenger seat.
    I assume the two ports on the side are for accessories but not certain and do not want to cut wires so I don't void any warranties.
    There are options like the ones in slingmods but I still want to see the full view of my dash/console.
    Anybody used the two ports? are those for charging? if so does anybody know the part numbers and where to get them?

Thanks in advance guys.

Spyder Garage

Left (as you sit on the Spyder) is wired for heated grips and the right is for fog lights. You could use them if you track down the ends and determine what wires are power and ground.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwvfqxhzWiE
    its in German but you can still see how to do what you want to do

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys, now I got somewhere to start.
    Really appreciate it.

Spyder Garage

Don't know if the 2020 has the same wiring, but my 2019 F3-S has customer accessory wires already on a fuse under the left side access panel. All you would have to do is plug something in. Look in the service manual and see if there is one on the 2020 F3-S.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

I've used a couple of cheap chinese USB sockets in the left hand hole and my latest is this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...50064c4dyQBz9w

As Gwolf says above, there is a pre-wired accessory connection in the fairing on the left side. It's 2 wires bundled together with a label. They don't have spade connectors on so you'll need to crimp two on.

To find the wires you'll need to remove the small left hand top panel and the big plastic panel (4x torx - 2 by the front suspension, two below the seat)) unless you're lucky and it's visible easily. I had to dig around a bit to find mine.

Then you need to twist the ring around the key and remove it (anti-clockwise I think) which allows you to remove the plastic panel with the 2 connectors poking through on your picture.

The hole in the panel is too small for the USB plug so needs enlarging with a step drill. You can then mount the plug, connect the wires and put everything back.

The USB plug is only live with the engine running by the way - that nearly made think I'd wired it wrong. If you need any more help doing it feel free to ask. Probably a few hours if you've not delved inside your machine as yet.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

The wires for the customer circuit were right under the left pop off panel. They were taped to the bundle of other wires in there and had an identification tag secured to them. Very easy to find and ID with only taking the small panel off.

Don't remember the colors. I work on hundreds of circuits of all different colors. The wire colors are in the manual with the fuse the wires are on.

Never try to remember anything that you can easily look up. It will just clutter up your brain.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Hey guys,

Thank you so much for all your input, project done successfully.
    Found the accessory circuit, bought a USB socket from amazon, drilled out the panel a bit, wired up and now I got a USB charging port that looks like stock.
    Only problem is the USB cable sticks out and gets hit by the handle bar but Ill just get me a 90* USB cable and it should be good to go.
    20201016_174300.jpg
    20201016_175908.jpg
    20201016_182515.jpg

Thanks again

Spyder Garage

A small riser plate for your bars may solve that issue!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Wait wait wait, the one on the right side is for fog lights? No wonder the ones I put on never worked. The halos worked, just not the lights themselves. Never thought anything of it other than me not knowing how do wire stuff properly. I'll have to check it out sometime.
    2019 F3s , Titanium

Spyder Garage

Ok maybe a dumb question. Lol. But how/where do I find the ends of the customer accessory circuit under left access panel?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Revjames View Post
    Ok maybe a dumb question. Lol. But how/where do I find the ends of the customer accessory circuit under left access panel?
    They'll be taped together with a white piece of tape indicating accessory circuit.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I made a homemade adapter using a two wire USB plug from Amazon, a 2" piece of 1" x 1/8" aluminum flat stock and zip ties. Routed/connected to left panel accessory circuit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

I found the wire, just can’t seem to find the ends. May have to remove side panel for better access I suppose.

Spyder Garage

Mine were taped/wrapped together with silicone tape.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

I mounted mine based out the German guys video the longest part of the install was finding the beginning piece of the customer accessory wire...once found the second longest part was drilling out the hole on the left (sitting on the bike)... the other side i installed the fog lights...I ended up just cutting a piece of the wire and going in that way..now the one note is the customer accessory port once you get it installed it will only come one once the bike is started...which for me is fine i only need it while riding and most of my journeys is to and from work and finding new ways to journey home...lol...but other then that i would recommend it def..I got the usb from amazon for about 17.00 because i bought to so i can put one in the back for my better half...lol..I really hope this helps...