Spyder Garage

Default TPMS to monitor all 3 tires and the RT airbag

I am looking for a 4-wheel waterproof TPMS system so I can monitor all wheels and the 2020 RT base rear airabag. I've only found a lighter socket version on amazon but want to mount the display on the bars or dash. I'd rather not install a socket to do this and would prefer using USB or 12v. Has anyone done this? If so, what did you use?
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    I am looking for a 4-wheel waterproof TPMS system so I can monitor all wheels and the 2020 RT base rear airabag. I've only found a lighter socket version on amazon but want to mount the display on the bars or dash. I'd rather not install a socket to do this and would prefer using USB or 12v. Has anyone done this? If so, what did you use?
    CALL LAMONT at Lamonster Garage he has them maybe even a video

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

FOBO has done that for me for several years. Monitor all it's info on my cellphone. I keep the FOBO screen open all the time because if there is a loss in PSI I get an instant alert.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just bought one of the FOBO 2 (3 sensor) systems from Lamonster based on recommendations here. I'm hoping to be able to add a 4th sensor for the air bag but not sure if the system will allow this. Obviously, I'm more concerned with low pressure in a tire but it would still be nice to be able to monitor the air bag. Not even sure if this would be a good idea. I think I read (and I could be wrong) you have to re-pair a sensor if you take it off. If that's the case and the air bag leaks slightly, I'm not sure it would be worth the effort and expense. Someone here (and I really wish I could remember who it was as I want to thank him and ask a question) suggested adding a short air line extender (like for a dually pick 'em up truck) so it's easier to get to the air bag Schrader valve. I did that (1st one leaked) but not sure how to route it. (It interferes w/the seat slightly.)

I hope to have my FOBO by this weekend. I'll post here if it gets here and I get it installed. Note, I've heard that the FOBO stopped working w/BuRP Connect. Not sure if that's true or not.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies!
    I'm trying to avoid using the phone to monitor. I ride year-round and phone is in my pocket. I had a 2-tire MC unit on my previous bikes and was hoping to find a waterproof 4-tire stand-alone product if such an animal exists.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies!
    I'm trying to avoid using the phone to monitor. I ride year-round and phone is in my pocket. I had a 2-tire MC unit on my previous bikes and was hoping to find a waterproof 4-tire stand-alone product if such an animal exists.
    Maybe a unit for a car if it will allow the rear tires to be set at separate pressures for alarms.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Maybe a unit for a car if it will allow the rear tires to be set at separate pressures for alarms.
    That's what I'm looking for but haven't found a waterproof display head.

Spyder Garage

That's what I'm looking for but haven't found a waterproof display head.
    Believe Garmin has some that are pricy & talk to the gps units doubt the airbag has the clearance for a TPMS

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I've used an auto version for probably about 2 years now. I dont normally use one of the sensors on the rear shock, but I suppose you could. I dont see where it would tell you much. As for being waterproof, if it starts to get wet, I can move it off the dash since its only held on by velcro.

You cant beat it for the price, about 50 bucks. This particular one can charge itself in the sun, but most can charge off a USB and the battery will last months. Search for auto tpms on Amazon and you will see a bunch.

2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltwin View Post
    I dont normally use one of the sensors on the rear shock, but I suppose you could. I dont see where it would tell you much.
    If you no longer have a bike with the auto leveling suspension, it would make a difference. The 2020+ RT base models don't have that and I've heard rumors that they're known to leak air. Don't know if this is true but if it is, it would be nice to know before heading off on a ride. On the other hand, it doesn't take much to pop the drivers seat and check the air quickly. Sure is easier than checking tire pressures.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Eviltwin! That may be the way I'll go.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    If you no longer have a bike with the auto leveling suspension, it would make a difference. The 2020+ RT base models don't have that and I've heard rumors that they're known to leak air. Don't know if this is true but if it is, it would be nice to know before heading off on a ride. On the other hand, it doesn't take much to pop the drivers seat and check the air quickly. Sure is easier than checking tire pressures.
    NOT. It's a PIA -- I'll take the tires any day.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Believe Garmin has some that are pricy & talk to the gps units doubt the airbag has the clearance for a TPMS
    He might have to revise the air line between the bag and Schrader valve or add a branch line to an additional Schrader valve.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButterSmooth View Post
    NOT. It's a PIA -- I'll take the tires any day.
    No, sir on the "NOT". I added an extension air line. Now, the new Schrader valve is just under the drivers seat. Pop the seat, unscrew the cap, check the air, cap back on, seat down and away I go. It literally takes 90 seconds and doesn't require I get on the ground. Now, withOUT that extension, I'd say you're 200% correct (except that back tire...I think the bags are wider than on my '18).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Eviltwin - I like your GPS shroud - very tidy.
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White