Spyder Garage

Default Brake Rod #3 Lamonster Garage Product

I needed the #2 position brake rod for my F3 Limited. These brake rods from Lamonster bring your brake pedal to a comfortable position instead of being so high up from the floorboard. I am short so I needed the #2 position (wish they had #1 but they do not make them) and thus I am selling the #3. My bike is a 2019 F3 Limited and I just bought it with only 1,000 miles on it so I am pretty sure the brake rod is fairly new. These go new at Lamonster Garage for $60.00 so I will sell for $32.00 you pay shipping cost. Let me know if you are interested and what your zip code is and I will determine cost to ship. 20200925_144636.jpg20200925_144656.jpg

Spyder Garage

sent pm
    2015 F3S , silver and orange

Spyder Garage

No brake rod put the pedal where I wanted/needed it, so I made a fully adjustable rod out of an existing one.

BRAKE ROD.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

To many points for failure...but if it works for you...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
    To many points for failure...but if it works for you...
    Where?? The rods are a slip fit into the thick wall steel sleeve and are secured with 2 tension pins each. Then sealed and painted. It not only works for me, it works for others I have done that for because they are particular where the pedal is.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    No brake rod put the pedal where I wanted/needed it, so I made a fully adjustable rod out of an existing one.

BRAKE ROD.jpg
    After I got it right where I wanted it, it would get welded and there would be NO points of failure!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    After I got it right where I wanted it, it would get welded and there would be NO points of failure!!!
    Ye of little faith....I have no intention of using it to tow broken down 18 wheelers. Do you know what the shear strength is of hardened tension pins? It's waaay more than what my foot will ever apply to those 4 pins. Chill man!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Ye of little faith....I have no intention of using it to tow broken down 18 wheelers. Do you know what the shear strength is of hardened tension pins? It's waaay more than what my foot will ever apply to those 4 pins. Chill man!
    Sorry I offended you man!! Was not my intent, more pointing at Bluebelle, man! ALL GOOD!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Sorry I offended you man!! Was not my intent, more pointing at Bluebelle, man! ALL GOOD!!!
    You're good with me. I love a debate. I am one of the few Americans remaining who never get offended or insulted. I grew up with "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me." It worked!

Spyder Garage

A convenience for the DIY types is that the OEM brake rod measures 1/4" on the inside and 1/2" on the outside. Are there any other folk who have fixed-length or adjustable versions of this part in their tool box or on the Spyder?
    Pete Tamblyn
    Cleveland, GA

2020 F3 Limited (black)

Time Out XL1800 cargo trailer

2019 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor
    2018 Kawasaki Versys-X 300

2013 ST (sold)
    2015 F3-S SOLD
    2014 RT-Limited (cognac) SOLD

Spyder Garage

Here's my adjustable brake rod.....

BRAKE ROD.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Can you explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
    I needed the #2 position brake rod for my F3 Limited. These brake rods from Lamonster bring your brake pedal to a comfortable position instead of being so high up from the floorboard. I am short so I needed the #2 position (wish they had #1 but they do not make them) and thus I am selling the #3. My bike is a 2019 F3 Limited and I just bought it with only 1,000 miles on it so I am pretty sure the brake rod is fairly new. These go new at Lamonster Garage for $60.00 so I will sell for $32.00 you pay shipping cost. Let me know if you are interested and what your zip code is and I will determine cost to ship. 20200925_144636.jpg20200925_144656.jpg
    When u say #2 position does that mean the second inside hole from the front? I just got my spyder 2 days ago. It does feel cramped for me as I think I am on the number 4 position.

Spyder Garage

Number 1 peg/board position is closest to your butt and #4 is farthest away. Here's an easy way to get your pedal lower when the distance is OK but the pedal is too high. At the front of the rod, drill a matching diameter hole behind the present hole.

Spyder Garage

Old post but.....is this still available?
    2019 F3-T , Liquid Titan

Spyder Garage

Sorry, no just sold it yesterday and had not taken this down.

Spyder Garage

This item has been sold.