Spyder Garage

Default Ryker 900 & Rally 2021 - whats new ??

does anyone know what the realy changed on the Powertrain of the new models - I maybe change to the new one, if its so much better on touring speeds :

they wrote : Powertrain improvements (90% CVT activation noise reduction, NVH reduction at cruising speeds
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Does anyone have a handle yet on how well the Ryker sales are going for Can Am???
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

I know dealers in Indiana had a hard time keeping them in stock. They talked like they were selling them at list along with associated dealer prep with no problem.

Spyder Garage

I had to move fast on my 2020 Rally purchased in July. I stopped by the dealer one day and they had 11 units (mix of all 3 models) in stock. Two days later they only had four left, and only one of the four was the Rally that I purchased. I had talked to them about the demographics of the buyers, they said 65% to 70% of buyers were between the ages of 45 & 70 years old. They didnt expect that.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

Hey there RykerRick, your rig looks really Sharp!

I don't know whether to buy a cheaper Ryker just to see if I would like 3 wheeling and then this coming Spring, swap for a new 2012 F3-T or not! My new Africa Twin Adventure Sport has only got about 1,800 miles on it but I keep looking at these 3 wheelers for some reason!

Sam--PORKY MOD Motorcycle forum.com
    2021 Spyder RT ES6 PETROL metallic. Carthage, Missouri 64836

Spyder Garage

Hey Sam thanks, and good to see you here. I sold my Harley to help pay for the Ryker. I kept the Versys X-300 adventure bike, just so that I have a two wheeler to scratch that two wheel itch with. I've been riding two wheelers my whole life, and this Ryker is my first 3 wheeler, I am enjoying the hell out of it. Because its my first 3 wheeler, it would be hard for me to say which you would probably like better, especially since I havent ridden any of the bigger Spyders. If you have a dealer nearby, I'd take a test ride on each before deciding. I know that the guys who have the Spyders, really like them too.

I myself didnt do that. I knew I wanted the smaller sportier looks & performance of the Ryker Rally when they first came out. It just took a year before I decided to pull the trigger because I had four bikes and no room for another. Once I got rid of two of them, it was the right time for the Ryker. For me, with handlebars & footpegs the Ryker has the feel of a two wheeler when riding, but the stability of a three wheeler. It took a while for me to get use to not putting my feet down when coming to a stop, it was just habit.

I know that if you decide to purchase a 3 wheeler, you will end up doing a couple of upgrades such as a stiffer sway bar & end links on the Ryker, louder horn and such. In my case with the Ryker, I wanted to be able to do long distance trips, so I had to also add luggage, drink holder, GPS, cruise control and a couple of other things. The Spyder F-3 already has some of those things, but its much more expensive too. Decisions, decisions.....Good luck with whichever you decide to do.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerRick View Post
    Hey Sam thanks, and good to see you here. I sold my Harley to help pay for the Ryker. I kept the Versys X-300 adventure bike, just so that I have a two wheeler to scratch that two wheel itch with. I've been riding two wheelers my whole life, and this Ryker is my first 3 wheeler, I am enjoying the hell out of it. Because its my first 3 wheeler, it would be hard for me to say which you would probably like better, especially since I havent ridden any of the bigger Spyders. If you have a dealer nearby, I'd take a test ride on each before deciding. I know that the guys who have the Spyders, really like them too.

I myself didnt do that. I knew I wanted the smaller sportier looks & performance of the Ryker Rally when they first came out. It just took a year before I decided to pull the trigger because I had four bikes and no room for another. Once I got rid of two of them, it was the right time for the Ryker. For me, with handlebars & footpegs the Ryker has the feel of a two wheeler when riding, but the stability of a three wheeler. It took a while for me to get use to not putting my feet down when coming to a stop, it was just habit.

I know that if you decide to purchase a 3 wheeler, you will end up doing a couple of upgrades such as a stiffer sway bar & end links on the Ryker, louder horn and such. In my case with the Ryker, I wanted to be able to do long distance trips, so I had to also add luggage, drink holder, GPS, cruise control and a couple of other things. The Spyder F-3 already has some of those things, but its much more expensive too. Decisions, decisions.....Good luck with whichever you decide to do.
    Thanks, one of the best and well thought out bit of reasoning in a response, I have read in here.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L