Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT SiriusXM capable?

Can siriusxm be installed on the 2020 RT? I had it on my 2014 in the trunk hooked up to the multi pin connector.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes but you'd have to add an external (non native) XM tuner. I mounted one in the glove box on my '18. I know jetfixer mounted one to his bars on his 2020. I'm not adding one to my 2021. I've got enough music on my phone to last although I don't generally have time for more than a long day trip. If I was retired and could go for days at a time, I'd probably add XM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, I have an external satellite radio with lifetime subscription that I will be using. Hoping I can mount it on the dash for easy access.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

I am streaming using my phone and the app. Through the BT connection to the dash. It works well but can cut out if you lose cell service in remote areas. The song title and artist show on the right side of the screen. There is some control over the app from the Spyder joystick. I have not explored that much. But I know you can change channels.

If you wish to install a real satellite tuner. It can be hard wire connected to the 3.5mm audio connector in the glove box. Another way is if your XM tuner has a FM transmitter. You can use that to transmit to your dash.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I am streaming using my phone and the app. Through the BT connection to the dash. It works well but can cut out if you lose cell service in remote areas. The song title and artist show on the right side of the screen. There is some control over the app from the Spyder joystick. I have not explored that much. But I know you can change channels.
    Can you clarify the process, please? I'm fine w/using my XM app (I have XM in the car) but wasn't aware I could control this via the BuRP Connect and/or the joystick. How???

Spyder Garage

I will assume you know how to connect your phone to the dash via BT.

On the joystick.
    Short press up. Volume increments up one step. Long press up. From low volume, steps up until released. From mute, returns to previous volume before mute.
    Short press down. Volume increments down one step. Long press down goes to mute.
    Short press right. Channel increments up one. Long press right, I don't know if it does anything.
    Short press left. Channel increments down one. Long press left, I don't know if it does anything.

Any audio apps I have tried so far have some control back to the phone. It depends on the app.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So, this is via BuRP Connect? Or via the 3.5mm audio cable or both? Honestly, other than a passing knowledge of BuRP Connect, I don't know much about it. It didn't work well on my '18 and I'm guessing nothing has changed although it would be nice to listen to XM through the bike itself.

Spyder Garage

Connected by BT

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    Yes, I have an external satellite radio with lifetime subscription that I will be using. Hoping I can mount it on the dash for easy access.
    Joel - look in my albums for how I put my XM receiver in the glove box ..... we have the same RT ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I just installed an XM radio on my 2020 RT. I mounted the head unit on the left side of 'tank' alongside the dash display. I connected the power and audio cables via head stock opening to bottom hole in the glove box Audio In & USB socket. I cut the lighter plug off the radio's power wire and spliced to the USB 5v wires. I bought a 3 ft audio extension to reach the glove box. I put the antenna on the rear corner of cargo module (opposite the FM antenna) and coiled the excess wire under the lid. Works very well.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White