Spyder Garage

Default EZ Bracket for Saddlebags - do the black anodized mounting posts wear well?

Hey all you Spyder owners who use the EZ Bracket for mounting saddlebags......does anyone have the black anodized mounting post option and if so, does the black anodizing stand up to the wear and tear of mounting the bags? Wondering if it wears off over time and then it looks scratched. I think they would look better initially but if they get scratched then they would look worse and would prefer to have the standard stainless posts. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Good day Sbdraz,
    Sure would help to know the year and model of your Spyder????? Easy to put into your signature line.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Hi Lew,
    Guess I was thinking the easy brackets are somewhat universal but for the record I have a 2015 F3-S.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sbdraz View Post
    Hi Lew,
    Guess I was thinking the easy brackets are somewhat universal but for the record I have a 2015 F3-S.
    Sbdraz,

If you post or ask a question in the F-3 section, I'm sure you'll get an answer to your question.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sbdraz View Post
    Hi Lew,
    Sbdraz,

If you post or ask a question in the F-3 section, I'm sure you'll get an answer to your question. 7 pages in the search function????? You'll find something

Spyder Garage

Hi Sbdraz

I just put a set on my old 2019 F3 base(sold it f3 to my best friends wife). I was missing one of the black bolts in the bracket package. I called the manufacturer and they told me I had and older model even though I just bought them a couple of month ago. They no longer sell them with the black bolts because they rust all over the bags and mounts. He replaced all my bolts with stainless steel for free. I would call and get yours replaced if you have black mounting bolts.
    2017 F3 limited , Black

Spyder Garage

I still had the number in my phone, the manufacture for the EZ bracket is Great Bike Gear out of Nevada phone 866-521-3024
    2017 F3 limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Have EZ-Brackets on my 2017 F3S Daytona and I used stainless bolts to match the mount blocks and they have held up great. Even with bags off.
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

Thanks for everyone’s input. Going with the stainless steel option!